Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Nicole_herpes

Reged: 09/27/10
how long do you live with HIV?
      #252293 - 09/27/10 10:41 PM

how long do you live with HIV? I am 1 month. I am feel alone after i know it. But i i just find friends at HIV dating site, such asn STDROmance.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hivpoznc
Regular

Reged: 06/26/09
Loc: North Carolina
Re: how long do you live with HIV? new
      #252357 - 10/01/10 11:16 PM

I was infected with HIV 22 years ago. I progressed to full-blown AIDS 15 years ago. So, I have been on a lot of different AIDS medications over the years. If you take care of yourself and follow your regimen of medicine, this is a disease that can be managed. There is , however, some work involved in this. For example, you may have to modify your diet somewhat to tolerate the medicines. The important thing is that you have regular blood tests and that you find the right combination of medicines.

PeaceP

Reged: 10/02/10
Loc: Viet Nam
      #252359 - 10/02/10 08:58 AM

I just have infected 2 weeks ago. But unluckily, I am living in Viet Nam and I am afraids that I could not get a well treament to have such long time like you. I wish that everyonce could help me by sharing me your help or an belief address for me to come ! I have too may things to do for my family!

--------------------
I believe I will survive !

artnut

Reged: 10/20/10
Loc: San Diego, CA
      #252590 - 10/20/10 01:41 AM

Nicole,
I have been positive since 1988. There were some really down times in the first couple of years but I got through it. HIV is not so hard to manage if you take care of your body. It is really important to have good people around you. Sometimes it is support groups and sometimes it is social groups. But they have to care about themselves too.
Keep reaching out and you will find people who want to help you stay well.
John

chiefe8

Reged: 05/15/08
      #252723 - 10/26/10 12:30 PM

I have been HIV poz since 1988. There were some rough times in the beginning. Hell, I didn't even want too buy new clothes, figured I would never wear them out. LOL. Keep the faith, it gets better as you get more comfortable with your status. Yah, easy for me too say right, but it will get easier.
Don't go through it alone. Find a support group if nothing else.
I have found that just living a good, clean lifestyle goes along way in living a long, productive happy life. Of course, meds do play a major role in it also when you start them. I have taken just about all meds out there and have tolerated them very well, just became resistant after awhile. With the new meds out now it is much easier to control. The regiment I am on now is the easiest of any I have been on. Smile, enjoy, life is good.

anonymousgrrl3

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: maine
Re: how long do you live with HIV? question.. new
      #252790 - 10/28/10 01:20 PM

i have a question-- how long did it take for you to become resistant?

woman79

Reged: 12/28/10
      #253708 - 12/28/10 10:55 AM

you make it sound so easy, and so not dangereous.... i am fighting on a daily basis emotionnally and psychologically with myself, trying to keep a + mind, and not give to it much importance so that it wont affect on my life but some days , the thought just hits me back so strong that i cant breath. It is not easy. It is very diffcult to try to stay happy when u know deep inside ur body there is a tiny little virus working to kill u... i pray every day that they will find a cure but i know that it is impossible.
anyway, i dont want to put u down, just wanted to congrat u on ur strength.Good job

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
      #254303 - 02/09/11 04:52 AM

PeacePhan: You can live a long and happy life especially with the modern medications and a healthy lifestyle. I think you do have access to good doctors and meds, from I have seen of Vietnam. Please check you mail, I sent you a PM about getting to a Red Cross clinic. They are excellent here in SE Asia.

NcLongtermer

Reged: 03/17/11
Loc: North Carolina
      #273220 - 07/30/13 07:04 PM

Well, I seem to be the Grandpa of us POZes.

I am 58 years old and was infected in May of 1985, before we had any treatments available.

The early years were a breeze until I contracted PCP in 1994. Should have sought medical care, but since no drugs were available I didn't see how that could help.

I am doing pretty well. I am independent and have been on disability since 1994.

I never smoked or was a heavy drinker, so I had no vices to rid myself of. The two most important things are absolute 100% drug compliance and maintaining an optimistic outlook on life. I have chosen to live to see the cure and derive it's benefits.

So, hang in there and don't throw in the towel. You can live a long life with HIV.

Please be encouraged about your life expectancy.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18039

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3