Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
gregftlaud
New User

Reged: 09/18/10
Florida Ryan White Eligibility Changes
      #252153 - 09/18/10 08:24 PM

Anyone else on here living in Florida (Broward County) recently have their Ryan White eligiiblity for medical and dental services mysteriously changed in the past 2 weeks? Ryan White is supposed to be good for a full year.

I called over to the Pompano BCHD clinic to make a dental appointment and the receptionist told me that I couldnt make an appt b/c my Ryan White eligibility had run out April 8. Last time I did eligibility was Oct 8, 2009 and my notice of eligibility that they gave me when I did it last says my ryan white expires Oct 8, 2010. The dental woman said some officials from Tallahassee were there last week messing around with eligibility dates. I faxed her my copy of eligibility acceptance form that showed it expired oct 8 but the eligibility guy wasnt there at the time so she couldnt do anything to help me.

So I have learned tonite that florida is now requiring people to renew ryan white every 6 months now instead of once a year like it has been for ages. This is the only state I know of that makes people renew BOTH ADAP and Ryan White every 6months. No wonder they are having such huge financial problems. Every 6 months is a huge waste of time and resources.

The dental woman said that they have had to turn away alot of appointments b/c people have been coming in for their scheduled appointment only to be told their ryan white expired months ago. Tons of people have been having to schedule eligibility appointments to renew their ryan white.

Just wondering if anyone else here in FL has experienced this

Greg

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1185

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3