Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
wonderbread

Reged: 02/01/09
Alcohol and HIV
      #252049 - 09/11/10 01:43 AM

Hey all! I have been posative for about twenty months now. I am not taking any med yet but was wondering about alcohol. Some time I like to come home and a few beer after work or with friends on friday night but have been noticing that over the last several months (6m) that my stomoch just can't handle it any more. Like today when I got off work I had like three beers and when I started the fourth that was it all came back. Is this normal? has any one ells had stomoch problems related to HIV. I do see my docter in the next few weeks but just wantted to see what other had to say.

Thanks Wonderbread :-)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
Re: Alcohol and HIV new
      #252101 - 09/13/10 01:11 PM

you will not enjoy beer as much,when your stomach starts to play games with you. as your cd4 drops and your viral load goes up stomach issues hit harder,(they did to me). i used to like to have a few after work and now if i do have a few, i will feel it for a couple days, but in my case im on meds and it almost has an adverse affect every time i deceide to drink.
alchohol will be something you may want to try and control, sure a beer here and there might not hurt to much,but is it worth it? in the future while on medication, you may experience some side affects, that will make you dizzy and most medication shouldnt be taken with or during alcohol consumption.
the affect of alcohol will actually counteract most medications.
the most problem will be tolerating the stomach issues that will come with the medication, and when or if it happens to you im sure drinking will be the last thing on your mind, good luck.take care

new2this2010
Expert

Reged: 06/22/10
Re: Alcohol and HIV new
      #252115 - 09/14/10 06:02 PM

Dont drink so much thats the problem

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2340

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3