Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Iwonder

Reged: 06/13/10
Reply to "cure not discusses"
      #251635 - 08/15/10 05:55 PM

You know what your kind of right I do see the brainwashing and I do see no one hardly discussing or asking for a cure even if it "doesnt exsist". I feel like they focus on giving us treatments, and instead of several pills you can take one and how to live with and how to maintain HIV blah blah blah. Its kind of odd that every cure in the past has failed now there is Thereputic vaccine that is in the works AND I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR IT hopefully it is successful soon. But what concerns me is why so long? why are using a gene from a HIV positive person whose viral load remains undetectable without meds but their CD4 count is affected by it, why not use an elite controller whose CD4 count is unaffected by HIV as well as viral load remains undetectable? Why are there about 4% of caucasian people who cant even get HIV even if they had sex with someone with HIV unprotected? Why is it not possible to take that gene from caucasians and replicate it in others people even if the DNA is different? but clones can be made and animals and fruits can be spliced and have hybirds. I feel like its alot of politics and statistics Example there are about 6 billion people in the world of those 6 billion, 42 million people are HIV positive seems like a lot, but no, not really compared to the 5,958,000,000 who do not have it. More Stastics the U.S has about 305 million people only about 1.1 million people have HIV that is about .3 % of the U.S population STILL VERY SMALL. Half of the HIV world populaiton is in Africa and half of the U.S. HIV population are minorities so its not affecting the majority's like Americal and Europe so there for they don't really care I know what I said you may not agree and may think its harsh but since I got this thing my "veil of ignorance" has been removed. I also cant help but to think that they discovered HIV is now about to the threaten the majority so they have to make a theraputic vaccine because it might be evolving *THIS IS AN EXAGGERATION and is contagious to the point that if you touch someone you get it or its about to go airborne or saliva can transmit it SAD BUT MIGHT BE TRUE. stay healthy

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
new2this2010
Expert

Reged: 06/22/10
Re: Reply to "cure not discusses" new
      #251661 - 08/16/10 05:13 PM

Contre Vir looks very promising. Heres the
Web site:
http://www.immunoscience.com/en/immunoscience.html
Go to Contre Vir tab, its really interesting and I personally think it has merit. I wont ask the doctors on here because I know they will find a way to invalidate it. I havent heard them say anything positive in reference to a cure so I wont bother asking what they think. Who said they know everything anyway.

new2this2010
Expert

#251669 - 08/16/10 11:23 PM

I agree with your post 100%, thanks for thinking outside the box and getting my point. You made several valid points that I agree with. Lets hang in there and stay positive and change will come very soon I hope. Lets not focus so much on the doctors on here saying take the pills, start taking the pills, etc, etc. God gave me a brain and I try to use it to further my knowledge and not become brainwashed by all the things the doctors on here are saying. Seems like some people put all their faith in what the doctors on here say and dont use their own brain. God gave you a brain so use it and dont let anyone think for you, think for yourself.

new2this2010
Expert

#251848 - 08/27/10 11:03 AM

Glad to see that Im not the only one on here that is not being brainwashed by this site. Thanks for your support. A cure is just beyond the orizon, I feel it and I believe that.

Im just glad that I only have to take 1 pill a day instead or 10 and 20 pills like some people have had to do in the past. That in itself tells me that there have bee great advances in HIV research and I will never give up hope that a cure is just around the corner.

hopefulone
Master

Reged: 12/05/08
Loc: NY, NY
      #251865 - 08/27/10 10:00 PM

some would say they are more focused on having us pay or our insurance pay for the pills for years versus a one-time shot kind of a cure....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2028

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3