Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
roma2010
All Star

Reged: 07/23/10
How normal can ur life be with treatment?
      #251458 - 08/02/10 09:57 AM

im really concerned about this because i work in a grocery store which requires me to do a lot of physical work throughout the day and we are busy all the time so there's isn't really much time to rest until u clock out, i do a lot of work in walk in freezer and cooler lately i have been getting tired after a couple hours of work and i just can't keep up will treatment help me be stronger and not get tired as much? and for how long will i be able to do this?i also have to deal with customers all the time and im really concerned that treatment will prevent me from doing so because of the side effects like vomiting and diarrhea ...any insight will be appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: How normal can ur life be with treatment? new
      #251463 - 08/02/10 12:06 PM

"normal" is all relative to your situation. I would refrain from using that word since it may imply that living with HIV is abnormal.

also, you are getting way ahead of yourself. you haven't even tested positive. it is already 3 months after your possible exposure, so just get a rapid test today and you'll have a definitive test result. and as everyone has told you, the odds are very much in your favor.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

roma2010
All Star

#251465 - 08/02/10 01:42 PM

yeah i tried last week to get a test and the counselor said to wait for the 13 week mark so i went today but the damn clinic had a power outage now i gotta wait till tomorrow or wednesday the reason im real concerned is that i had a burning tongue for a couple of days with major cracks and bumps on the side of it, it seems to be better now but not entirely and the stomach problems keep happening usually rumbling all the time and i also noticed pintching in both my armpits but not to bad and the worst thing is that i feel tired most of the time, two hours into work and i can't take it anymore because i feel real tired and spaced out, its been two months since my symptoms started literally two months and i don't know what to do anymore when i get home from work i crash on the couch and start crying uncontrollably..i know everyone says the odds are in my favor but sincerely i just lost hope completely and i know my test will be positive, so is not that im getting ahead is just that im trying to be realistic about the situation and try to be prepared for what's coming..im sorry for the lingo i use im not trying to offend anyone..

roma2010
All Star

#251467 - 08/02/10 02:41 PM

seriously have u ever seen somebody with these symptoms including, the tongue thing, the swollen tonsils and the dermatofobromas turn out to be negative? be honest..

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #251472 - 08/02/10 05:47 PM

ok, i'll be honest with you, but you may not like what you hear.

yes, i have seen people test negative in spite of all their "symptoms", many worse than yours. countless people self-diagnose themselves with HIV because of symptoms that are more likely caused by their stress/worry, despite being told several times that symptoms are unreliable, and even after testing negative over and over again.

we've gotten "i know it's HIV" more times than I can remember, often followed by negative test results.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Atheena
Regular

Reged: 02/22/10
Loc: Texas
      #251474 - 08/02/10 05:57 PM

Man take a breath. Let me tell you something Stress can cause so much havoc on your system. Stress can cause flu like symptoms, stomach pains, diarrhea, etc you name it and stress would have that description.

Why are you crossing that bridge of being Positive when you have been testing negative?

Get some well-needed rest and try not to worry until you are tested I guess one more time so you can get 4 no's

Athena

roma2010
All Star

#251482 - 08/03/10 01:55 AM

i've have candidiasis in my mouth for the last two days by my tonsils to be exact i kept feeling like i had something stuck in my throat until i looked in the mirror and saw two big white patches on my tonsil removed them with a tooth pick and they came back right away ..they look kinda like tonsil stones but they are over my tonsil not underneath it..i know u might say people may have said they have worse symptoms than me and turn out to be negative but my symptoms are actually seen most often in people with hiv, or what else causes candidiadis, dermatofibromas, burning tongue syndomre, GI problems and lightheaded including confusion?that is not hiv, these are not common symptoms like vomit, diarrhea, or fever that would be caused by many viruses or infecions, i know im infected and i will get my test tomorrow im not scared anymore because i know the result already i just hope that science moves ahead enough to at least come up with treatment with mild side effects..

roma2010
All Star

#251483 - 08/03/10 02:07 AM

i know stress alone can kill you but today i have actually been really relaxed and have accepted the fact that i am infected my symptoms so far to day and i quote this, HAVE NOT included vomit,diarrhea,night sweats, or fever haven't had neither of these these are flu like symptoms which i didn't have, i have had symptoms that are mostly only common in people with hiv including candidiasis for two days in a row, burning tongue with thick white coating on top and several cracks and bumps on sides of tongue, multiple dermatofibromas on back, shoulders, and stomach, GI problems for two months mostly rumbling all the time and lightheaded most of the time with a lot of confusion lately i feel kinda like i am in a dream , i will get my test tomorrow but i know what my result will b,e im really concerned about what it might be doing to my brain because i feel so spaced out all the time,,anyways i will let you guys know later how it went in the clinic..

Atheena
Regular

Reged: 02/22/10
Loc: Texas
      #251487 - 08/03/10 07:15 AM

Roma - stay on "Am I Infected" board until you actually are positive.

ausguy

Reged: 11/01/09
      #251604 - 08/12/10 11:30 PM

I'm confused. Are you positive or not? It's easy to get a test. I did mine anonymously through the mail. Why worry about anything until you know and if you're concerned why has 2 months elapsed without a test? Stress can induce symptoms...I once had Shingles and was negative for example.

roma2010
All Star

#251712 - 08/19/10 03:26 PM

i know im positive the last test i took was on Aug 8th and my exposure was on may 5th and it was negative but i have a PCR RNA coming this tuesday and i know it will be positive the reason i know and i keep telling everyone is because i have symptoms specific to hiv like dermatofibromas multiple on back arms and legs these are normal benign but only one or two when you have multiple it means that you have a compromised immune system such as hiv, cancer, or lupus i already tested for lupus and cancer and came back normal, i have had many many symptoms for the last two months the only 4 remaining ones are the dermatofibromas,the hiv tongue as people call it white thick coat with teeth marks on the sides, sweating a lot and a lot of confusion fell really space out all the time, i know my hiv tests have been negative but its because i have a really weak immune system thats why i wasn't able to produce enough antibodies but i bet you that my next test will be positive..

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4166

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3