Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Iwonder
New User

Reged: 06/13/10
Labwork, Lymphnodes and Meds
      #250773 - 06/16/10 11:19 AM

I am a 25yo male who tested positive in April, I know for a fact I contracted HIV in March. A week before I got tested in April my lymph nodes began to swell on both sides of my jaw and and under my jaw, after I was tested two more behind my right ear appeared and behind my head. Since they all appeared they never went away except for maybe a very slight decrease in size. I got my first lab tests back in May and my CD4 level is 354 and my VL is 61000 so I have to go on meds even though I really didnt want to so soon but I guess if I want to get better I must take them. To me these numbers are not good or where I thought they would be for only having it for 3 months especially the VL I thought I found out early enough to maybe battle it with proper nutrition and supplements. I often wonder why these number and also if the reason why my lymph nodes are still swollen is because my viral load is so high and increasing? this has all been a very big learning experience and greatful for forums like this

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Crystal
New User

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Washington DC
Re: Labwork, Lymphnodes and Meds new
      #250816 - 06/19/10 09:53 AM

I agree (CD4 354 - VL 61000) is quite poor for being poz for only 3 months. Is it possible that you contracted HIV earlier? As for the lymph nodes as long as they are shrinking and swelling they are doing their job, so that is good. When to worry is if they get very large and don't go back down (I'm talking in terms of months, I almost had to have one biopsied after it didn't go down for a month but I chose to wait and see before going under and a few weeks later it went down thankfully) This is also something that comes along with HIV though so pay attention to what's going on and bring it up to your doctor. Keep logs of how you are feeling and bring it with you when you see your doc it does help because as much as we all have going on it's hard to stay focused sometimes. I also think that with your lvls starting meds asap is a good thing and yes the meds can suck but they are worth it. Sounds like you are doing everything right so far so keep your chin up, educate yourself and keep track of your labs and tests.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1838

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3