Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
stat

Reged: 06/12/10
married with kids
      #250715 - 06/12/10 01:18 AM

Hello,

I was just seeing if there is anyone else married with kids. I'm + and my wife is negative. We have been lucky enough to have a couple of kids with everyone neg. (but me of course) Is there anyone else in this situation?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: married with kids new
      #250718 - 06/12/10 11:44 AM

Not quite the same situation. Had my kids when I was married to ex-husband and was negative. But they were raised since young by their step-father (they consider him dad) and myself, with both of us HIV+.

They're gone now. One off and married blessing us with 2 grandkids and the other in the military.

alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
      #250744 - 06/15/10 12:58 AM

heck im in the same kind of boat, but i have 4 children, my wife and i have been together almost 20, years and i was diagnosed in 04. although at first the thought of it was a very trying time as im sure you know. i was on a bender of booze and drugs, and was on a mission to self destruct from the thought of slowly decaying into oblivion.
my worry wasnt for myself , it was for my family. my wife thought i was cheating and swore if she had hiv it was my fault and she wouldnt have a thing to do with me, then we had al the children tested as was she, and low and behold,all that did was reinforce her beleif i was cheating because she and the kids were all negitive, thank goodness.
although she hasnt beleived me since, and weve had many times of spur of the moment sex, where i would pull out, or she wouldnt care and i finished inside of her, because of the moment, either way i see it now as irresponsible to do that, be it what it may, she had a false positive on one test and i know it scared her into reality not to ever have sex without protection.now you know how it was and is for me, dont worry your not alone because there are many of us out there, some talk about things ,and many more dont,lest we forget many more who dont even know, to have an opinion either way.
this is a trying thing on my marriage its stressfull seems like everyday, theres another stress or situationt that we come up to that we need to find a way around, but as we stayed together we found a way to keep on being there for each other, sure there are, HARD DAYS AND SOME GOOD TO GO ALONG,BUT WERE JUST ANOTHER MARRIED COUPLE, EVEN WHEN BOTH PEOPLE IN A RELATIONSHIP ARE NEGITIVE THEY ARGUE AND FIGHT.SO KEEP TRUDGING ALONG. if there is any love it will win, and so will you and your wife find happiness knowing your not alone, good luck, take care

danoly45

Reged: 06/15/10
      #250769 - 06/15/10 10:36 PM

...well I am in the same boat for 26 years...living as brothers, no sex at all...living with this condition is a nightmare...now my cd4 are very low 140, so I am using "Fuzion" injections twice a day... I have a 24 yrs old son...my life was full of ups and down...so my health...try to be happy and live each day at a time...enjoy the life and your family...I am with you and thanks to share with us your worry about living with a negative wife...mine is negative my son is negative also...thanks God for that...take care...

RunningScared

Reged: 06/21/09
      #250984 - 06/30/10 10:15 PM

Just curious - did you have children after you found out you are positive? My husband found out he is positive last year. I am negative. We really want to start a family, in fact we were trying until he was diagnosed. We know there are techniques available such as sperm wshing and IVF, but they cab be very expensive.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2589

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3