Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
TheBodyAdministrator
Grand Master

Reged: 12/23/99
New to the bulletin boards? Introduce yourself!
      #250292 - 05/12/10 05:41 PM

Welcome to The Body's "Living With HIV" forum. You'll find many supportive and knowledgeable individuals who can relate to what you're going through. Take a moment to say hi and, if you want, tell us a little bit about yourself!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Atheena
Regular

Reged: 02/22/10
Loc: Texas
Re: New to the bulletin boards? Introduce yourself! new
      #250304 - 05/13/10 02:29 PM

Hi my name is Athena been pos for 22 yrs. I have posted my story in this section called "I need some help - Here is my story. I joined The Body on 2/22/10.

american72

Reged: 04/16/10
Re: New to the bulletin boards? Introduce yourself! new
      #250370 - 05/19/10 08:29 PM

Hey,what's up? My name is Rob and tonight is my first time on the sight.I was diagnosed about two years ago,and I'm doing well.I'm 37 going on to 38 in november.Recently(a few months)I joined a gym and started a strictly healthy diet and feel great because of it!!!I also am a recovering heroin addict,among many other drugs....still have an overwhelming urge to party(not shooting up) just having fun!I also suffer from BIPOLAR.I don't really have any friends(since I kicked dope)and I am looking forward to meeting new people(guys& girls).I currently live in south Florida(lake worth)So if anyone wants to chat just send me a message!THANX

Pacificsun

Reged: 05/20/10
Re G-day All new
      #250381 - 05/20/10 04:35 PM

Good to hear that you have started on a new path Rob. Its not going to be easy. But it will get easier. I am in the same boat, and it is always one day at a time. I am visiting in Nashville until July 8th. Love the U.S. Mainland. Stay well and stay in touch mate!

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: New to the bulletin boards? Introduce yourself!
      #250382 - 05/20/10 05:52 PM

Welcome, Rob! Glad to hear you're doing well.
Are you currently on any HIV meds, if you don't mind sharing?
And what constitutes your strictly healthy diet?

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

chance

Reged: 05/21/10
      #250387 - 05/21/10 08:01 AM

hi, am Adhiambo from Nairobi, Kenya. Am 40yrs and have a 17year old girl. Is there anyone near to relate to.

RagnCajunTGR

Reged: 05/31/10
Re: New to the bulletin boards? Introduce yourself
      #250581 - 05/31/10 08:58 PM

Hi everyone! I am in Jacksonville, FL. In school right now up here. I am 33. I have been positive for 14 years. Would be nice to connect with others going through the same. :-) Take care everyone!

Stacy

Reged: 06/07/10
Loc: Ohio, USA
      #250653 - 06/07/10 12:26 AM

Wanted to say Hi to all from the MIdwest...

Lolly

Reged: 06/09/10
Loc: South africa,eastern cape
      #250704 - 06/11/10 01:20 PM

Hi people.I'm lolly from south africa,eastern cape.I'm new here.

--------------------
I want to chat with hiv+ people from south africa

ellenw

Reged: 06/10/10
Loc: NY
      #250706 - 06/11/10 02:04 PM

Hi I'm Ellen and I am from NY (hudson valley area). I'm poz 12 yrs (the first 10 being very difficult!) I'm a mom to a neg 7 yr old who helps me adhere to my meds and keeps me active! All that I know is my geographical area and am looking forward to meeting other people from all over! I work for an HIV program, and because of that have very few poz friends (healthy boundaries and all). Just looking to learn about myself and others through each others ideas, questions, opinions, and experiences.

Indysngleguy47

Reged: 06/15/10
Loc: Indianapolis, In
      #250755 - 06/15/10 11:02 AM

Hello all, I'm Michael and this coming Aug. will be 3yrs that I have been living with HIV. It has been challenging to say the least but with the help of friends and the proper treatment I'm doing well. There is one area of my life however that needs improving, "the bedroom" , I've always had a fear of rejection even before I became positive and now that I am, the fear is greater than ever so I have'nt engaged in any sexual activities with other men for about a year now. I've tried to think of what I could say to perspective sexual partners that would make the fear of rejection less but so far I've not had any luck. Are there others out there that have been where I am at now?, if so what advice can you give me or what did you do to get past your fear?

PartlyCloudy

Reged: 06/29/10
Loc: Texas
      #250952 - 06/29/10 10:26 PM

Greetings All,
My name is - - - let's just stick with the user ID for now. I tested positive in March of 1987. Needless to say I have learned quite a bit about the very nature of both human cruelty and human compassion over the past 23 years. I have learned to be more privacy oriented and less trusting of others. Through it all I have also managed to continue living my life with a smile and a positive frame of mind. Life is difficult enough, living with HIV is even more so. But the one thing helps me to "keep it real" is the understanding that the only disability in life IS life, and it is a guarantee that not one human being will live through it when it is all said and done. What matters in the end is How we chose to live that life, how we chose to let ourselves be remembered as, and how we chose to overcome adversity until the very end. But my story does not end here, it is only the beginning. I have survived now for 23 years, and I am still going strong. I am happily married to my very best friend with whom I have fathered 3 healthy children. In 23 years I have not infected a single soul on this Earth.

--------------------
One cannot always be a hero, but one can always be a human.

lloyd50

Reged: 06/29/10
Loc: red deer, alberta, canada
      #250977 - 06/30/10 02:52 PM

Hi my name is LLoyd and I live in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. I was diagnosed in 1990 and started drugs that year. My full circle of friends diied within an 18 month period 89-91. Just found THE BODY a few days ago. Was online looking for a failproof method for 2nd attemp. I made a comment somewhere then recieved a cool email from someone I don't know but who got through to me. I have been isolated from my gay and HIV communities. Thought I was the last of the dinosaurs. This site is brilliant! I am on the last possible drugs and have developed drug-related dementia. I am undetectable but a Spinal showed an incredibly high count in the fluid. It may be online but I finally feel connected again. Cheers!

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #250978 - 06/30/10 03:05 PM

happy you're here, lloyd! you're definitely not alone!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

relatewithsame45

Reged: 07/01/10
      #250996 - 07/01/10 11:01 PM

Hello All,
I'm new to Bulletins, have been (+) for 17 years and very thankful for having this opportunity to "hopefully" make new friendships with others who know what it's like to feel lost in a world of insecurity and fear which this disease has caused "some of us" to retract from living a "normal" life. Well, as normal as can be considering. I have been with my partner for 18 years, he's (-) and has stood by me through thick and thin and is the love of my life. But since finding out my status 17 years ago, I have in many ways allowed myself to progressively retreat from society because of the fear of judgement and in all honesty, being exposed for who and what I am. A GAY MAN to the outside world and an "Outcast", at least in how I view it from other's in the Gay community. I have had a few gay friends pre-diagnosis but none at this moment because they have moved on. Our families know that we're gay and my immediate family knows of my status. As much as I know my partner understands my health, joy's, sorrows, strengths, fears etc..... He cannot truly understand what it feels like to live as an HIV + person. And I don't expect him to. I am not apart of any organized group to be able to share certain things with which only those who are positive will understand fully. I hope that this will provide opportunities to bridge that gap and in the process be able to make new friendships. Thank You.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 130515

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3