Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Hopdinkmoopwop

Reged: 03/10/10
DIY Experimental Treatment
      #249712 - 03/10/10 03:31 PM

Don't be scared by the title, I'm not saying anybody should stop taking their ARV medication, and I'm not saying you should do daily blood transfusions with a goat while drunk in order to try to kill the virus- that would be stupid.

I'm here because I'm curious about where I can get information about how the HIV virus, in it's various strains, react to certain stimuli and what it's physical properties are. Is it killed by exposure to UV radiation, or radioactivity? what is it's atomic density? what is it's external and internal molecular structure? I've read that the virus is neutralized within roughly two minutes of exposure: why is this? is this because of contact with elements in the atmosphere, or because of exposure to any sort of radiation (visible, infrared, UV, radio, etc)?

I'm also curious about various unusual circumstances that could directly affect the VL of an infected person: could chemotherapy or intentional immunosuppression while living in a sterilized environment have a positive impact on removing the virus from the bloodstream and any places where it might lodge?

Last, I'm curious about the physical behavior of the virus inside the human body. Where does it go- is it drawn more to specific organs? do deposits of HIV develop in certain areas of the body? What, if any, are the physical signs of the virus itself (not of new infections that exist because the virus has suppressed the immune system)?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: DIY Experimental Treatment new
      #249717 - 03/10/10 06:45 PM

That's quite an undertaking! I would suggest narrowing your topic search and then go where the links lead you.

For instance

"Last, I'm curious about the physical behavior of the virus inside the human body. Where does it go- is it drawn more to specific organs? do deposits of HIV develop in certain areas of the body?"

If you google "HIV deposits in body", you get...well not much. A lot about fatty deposits that develop. "HIV in organs" leads to some interesting articles about HIV and organ transplants.

So getting more specific about how HIV affects the bodies organs, google, "HIV in Brain" and you're off.

Good luck on your research.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1608

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3