Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Unlucky2

Reged: 03/03/10
Choosing a Doctor
      #249678 - 03/08/10 10:43 AM

i been diagnosed POS for a week and i been realy scared... i went to 3 different places to get check to make sure i was pos... all came back pos :'-( ..... they all told me that they provide good help so how do i choose which one will we the best one....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Daddy_Bearby

Reged: 07/29/09
Loc: Alabama
Re: Choosing a Doctor new
      #249687 - 03/08/10 07:38 PM

The first move in my thoughts is to find out what the prospective dr knows about hiv and or aids .
I know there is a certification about doctors that handle poz cases but as to how to go about learning who is or is not certified I don't recall .
The second thing is to ask if the prospective dr is an id* dr .
Lastly make a decision based on fact not how they are treating you are they taking care of the whole person meaning of course is the new dr treating you as a person not a number and do he/she also handle your worries with kid gloves or does he/she just say let's worry about that later .
Now I know that when i decided to take my health care in hand ( becomming my own health care advocate ) it was a true turning point in my life because I was then able to decide what I would from then on be doing to and with my person so that in other words is what I think you need to be deciding if you want to take that route of just follow the dr's orders blindly or not .
* id = doctor is an Infectious Disease Doctor

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1933

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3