Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

leg pain
      #24963 - 11/25/01 12:22 AM

Has anyone experienced severe leg pain. My legs ache really bad only at night. Feel really heavy and ache. If so, what can I do about it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: leg pain new
      #25015 - 11/26/01 02:21 PM

Whenever I feel achy and heavy in the legs, I know it's time to go out dancing. Last weekend I donned my boa and attended a fabulous warehouse party downtown. I danced until my legs started to feel light again, and by that time it was dawn.

Another thing that helps is to have as much sex as possible, in as many creative positions as possible. Try some different partners, too; that always spices things up a bit.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25034 - 11/27/01 07:33 PM

That's the most idiotic response I've ever heard to someone who has a legitimate question. I hope that some day, when you need help, you won't be ignored as well.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25035 - 11/27/01 07:37 PM

One of my dear friends experiences severe neuropathy. It could be that you too have some effects from drug therapies (if you are on them) in which case your doctor is your best, first line of defense. Regardless, it makes perfect sense to tell him/her of the problem and explore the situation further. Also, posing your question to the panel of doctors at "The Body" might be helpful.

Take care, it may be a pretty simple solution.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25050 - 11/28/01 03:23 PM

What an incredibly negative attitude you have!

natty

Reged: 12/06/01
Loc: amsterdam-holland
      #25342 - 12/06/01 11:49 PM

what part of your leg, babe?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25367 - 12/07/01 08:31 PM

I had experienced really bad lower leg/foot pain (neuropathy) from meds - the solution for me is one I found in the STEP newsletter - ALPHA LIPOIC ACID - a nutrient that offset the effect of the Sustiva/Epivir/Zerit combo I am on. The pain was so bad I could hardly walk! Within 24 hrs., it was much relieved. I take 5 - 50 mg pills/day ( 2 am, 1 midday, 2 pm). My Dr. was totally amazed at the result, and does not seem to have any negative side effect. I have been on it for about 2 3/4 yrs. Alpha Lipoic acid is an antioxidant and helps with blood circulation problems in the general public. STEP has had a couple of articles referencing neuropathy.
One last thing - sugar/sweets make the problem worse!
Good Luck.

HIV+/Ph.D.
Unregistered

#25615 - 12/16/01 10:33 AM

About a decade ago, my friends were being OD'd on D4t and DDI, and were all limping around with peripheral neuropathy. Since all my Pos friends have been dead a decade, here's what happened last yr. I met a guy in who I recognized "the limp"- talked a bit, and asked why he never tried taking SMALL doses of a common tricyclic antidepressant. The next week, he was walking fine. I asked what happened, and he said "I told my Dr. what you said and he gave me a script. Now the pain is better." His thank you present was worth $3- how much did his Dr. get from my suggestion?
Another type of leg pain that occurs are horrific, crippling leg CRAMPS, that can come on suddenly, or have one wake up screaming in pain literally. I don't know what deficiency the latter is from, let's see if anyone will tell me. Since I'm on a rice diet ($) I wouldn't be surprised whats missing. One time I had 0 potassium, but no one told me I could have gone into a coma from it.
1) If you are on HAART, try option #1, with your Dr.
2) If you are malnurished like I am due to Food Stamps' fantasy of what it costs to eat anything but rice in this city, then please tell me - WHAT CAUSES LEG CRAMPS THAT WAKE ONE UP SCREAMING?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4167

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3