HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
thinker
New User

Reged: 02/18/10
HIV ARS stories
      #249468 - 02/18/10 12:53 PM

Hello to all,

I would really appreciate it if some of you out there would share your stories with me about your experience with ARS (early symptoms) before you were diagnosed HIV +. What type of symptoms did you have? How long after your exposure did they occurr? How long did they last? What was going through your mind? I have searced the internet for true stories and have found none. There is a lot of conflicting information out there about ARS and early symptoms. I thought it would be better to just try and get some accounts from people who had experienced it first hand.

Thank you in advance. Your reply is very much appreciated!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: HIV ARS stories new
      #249471 - 02/18/10 01:55 PM

the reason there are so many conflicting reports is because ARS symptoms are non specfic. This is why people should never try to guess their status by 'ARS symptoms' I thought I had the flu...maybe it was and I had a symptomless ARS. IF your query is because of questions about ur own status....quit guessing and test

nnhood
New User

Reged: 10/22/09
      #249472 - 02/18/10 02:10 PM

Esmeralda is correct, nothing can really set your mind at ease until you actually read the testing guidelines and get tested.

Some people have no symptoms, others have night sweats for a while, rashes, sore throat, fatigue. You can't be sure unless you get tested.

M.

kevcnj
New User

#249485 - 02/18/10 08:44 PM

Hi, I can identify with your feelings trying to find symptoms of being newly infected. I have questioned myself many times over the years and drove myself crazy worrying.
As difficult as it may be, the best thing you can do is get a test. I know it sounds like a death sentence, but hey, if you have it you have it. Otherwise everytime you get an ache or pain, you will go into panic mode. Remember if you have HIV, you have it forever. Not being proactive will only delay treatment and cause further problems. Good luck.

thinker
New User

#249489 - 02/19/10 02:26 PM

Don't get me wrong, I agree and will get tested. In the meantime I was just hoping to hear some real stories from real people who had actaully gone through the ARS ordeal. When it comes to true-to-life examples, there is nothing out there on the net. Thnx

TrueOptimist
New User

Reged: 05/23/10
      #250466 - 05/25/10 12:27 AM

Well I tested negative may 2nd but the man i have been having unprotected sex with that same day tested hiv positive,so i thought i may have doged the bullet until last night i realize I had swollen lymph nodes,rash that wont go away,not severe but there,and cold sweats or night sweats w/e.I have it,but im doing okay i know i just got tested but i am going to go again cause the earlier you know the better.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9538

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3