Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
DJones
All Star

Reged: 04/02/09
Loc: Milwaukee Wisconsin
One year ago today my life changed.............
      #249033 - 01/07/10 07:33 PM

One year ago today my life changed forever. I remember the day well. I called my doctor to get my HIV test results because he had not returned my call from the previous day. I was told by the nurse I would have to come in and get my results. I knew this was not good. I remember trying to get to the doctors office as fast as possible and my heart racing. I remember hearing those dreaded words - 'your test came back positive'. I remember the feelings my body and mind had. I remember having to call my partner of 20 years and let him know he needs to meet me at home quickly. I remember telling him and dropping to my knees at the reality - crying and shaking. A week later I found out I actually had AIDS.

It has been quite a year. I am still here. I am still alive. I find myself smiling and having good days to balance out the bad. I would not wish my last year on anyone but I also must add that I have met, emailed, and become best friends of some of the nicest people anyone would wish for in their life.

I guess I am trying to say.........I made it. I am now undetectable. I now have less side effects. I now can get through the day without that 'little voice' destroying my day by reminding me I have AIDS. Shortly after my diagnosis I honestly was ready to kill myself. I am so glad I didn't.

You can read the blog I started the day I found out on January 7th 2009 I was HIV+ and what my first year has been like. All the ups and downs are honest and described best I could. I love getting emails from all my followers as well as new ones.
Thank you to all that helped me get to where I am today.

Check out my blog at the link below this post.

--------------------
http://daveslifelivingwithhiv.blogspot.com/

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mondo
Regular

Reged: 04/26/09
Loc: Australia
Re: One year ago today my life changed............. new
      #249073 - 01/10/10 08:53 PM

Good on you Dave. It's nice to see you back at the forum. Keep healthy and all the best for 2010.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2193

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3