Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
AsiaHope

Reged: 07/14/08
How do you overcome rejection?
      #248435 - 11/16/09 12:01 PM

This might sound lame because i am a mature woman and not a teenager so please don't judge. I have been positive for ten years and trying my best to live like a normal human being. So i decided to start internet dating on the positive dating sites. I communicated with several guys and decided to go out on a date with this one guy who i liked.The date went really well and we talked for hours and at the end he promised to call next day.One week later, nothing. I tried calling him on the third day and left a message but no reply came. I am not going to try him again because i have some self respect but the rejection is stressing me out and compromising my immune system. What i can't understand is how people can be so cruel. To make matters worse i really really liked him and wanted to be friends even if the dating didn't work and i could tell he liked me.So there was a connection on both side or so i thought. My question is how do i get him out of my mind and move on. I have a life and i am a busy person so i am not sitting at home sulking but this experience is really hard.

Any support and pointers will be appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
petite2009

Reged: 07/18/09
Loc: Ohio, USA
Re: How do you overcome rejection? new
      #248467 - 11/17/09 09:57 PM

This is a tough one, but am sure there are many ladies out there who have gone through the same situation. I personally have experienced a similar situation where you meet someone you like on these dating sites,you click so well, but when it comes to actually meeting, they bail at the last minute. I would rather someone be straight with me and tell me what the issue is,rather than string you along,making you think that all is good and then BAM! They decide to go M.I.A....This internet dating thing is great especially for us who are positive, but it can also be a pain since finding the right guy is almost next to impossible(we are definitely gambling). The best thing for you to do would be to move on and hopefully meet someone else who is real and who will be honest and open about everything. All the best, and i truly pray that we all find some type of happiness someday soon.

--------------------

Robert1
All Star

Reged: 05/29/07
      #248469 - 11/17/09 10:47 PM

Persevere. You got to just develop a thick skin and keep trying. You may have to do this 100 times before you find a gem. Even if you were negative this same thing can happen. So find your strength somewhere and keep on going out there. I've known many people who really persevered and found love! I wish you the best of luck!

Christa1

Reged: 10/06/09
Loc: Durban, South Africa
      #248475 - 11/18/09 04:13 AM

Oh, I have been so there, just a couple of weeks ago. what worked for me is just accepting that it wasn't meant to be. I deleted his numbers from my cell and email address, so that I wouldn't grovel. I am also a busy woman and didn't want the temptation and wasting my time with 'wishes and hopes'. But as I say that sort of worked for me. And then out of the blue, he called and wanted us to get back together.
So maybe give him time, u may never know why he is suddenly cut all ties. Occupy yrself with other things. If he comes back, then you will talk and if not, then you would have moved on. I believe occupying yr time and mind with other things helps, but it all takes time, there are no quick fix in the matters of the heart. Good luck, and remember, you are not alone.

AsiaHope

Reged: 07/14/08
      #248479 - 11/18/09 01:26 PM

Thank you so much Christa,Robert and petite.Your support and advice was very helpful. I deleted all the info of the guy and I am moving on.I didn't realize how thin my skin had become but this experience won't keep down or make me afraid of trying again. Thanks again and good luck to each one of you.

mimilove

Reged: 01/15/08
Loc: New York
      #248505 - 11/19/09 08:33 PM

Hey There!!!!! I want to tell you this and I hope you never forget this...you are a beautiful person on the inside out not the outside in...regardless of anything or how things happen remember that you are beautiful, loved and blessed....being hiv poz and finding someone you feel comfortable with and they are comfortable with you is a give and take...this person that you may have had a connection with may still be the one but there is a process...he may be scared to death to get into a relationship because maybe his last one went bad...I know that it is difficult but you cannot stress yourself...it will mess with you cd4...don't sweat the small stuff...what do you like to do...what ever makes you feel good do it...enjoy your oneness!!! Take this time to do you...do things that will make you happy...go to see a movie by yourself, get your favorite book or CD find that thing that will occupy your mind so you won't stress over him...you will be enjoying yourself by yourself it won't really matter if he calls you back or not...you have to be comfortable with you before you can get with someone else...if this has helped you send me a message...I want to know if you are going to be okay...take care Mimi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3326

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3