Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
luckyone

Reged: 10/18/09
just diagnosed 3 weeks ago
      #248067 - 10/18/09 11:40 PM

i was diagnosed 3 weeks ago after a physical for life insurance,which i was turned down for of course,anyway ive gone to a dr and am waiting for my test results cd4,genotype, viral load have been doing a lot of research online and have ordered a couple books i know from reading up on hiv that im PROBABLY going to be ok even with all the good things ive read i still need reasurance and would like to hear from ANYONE who can let me know there story and help me with my sometimes negative thoughts of this disease i do know life is good as i have been neg. viral load from hep c for 6 years now after 6 months of treatment and now from that experience that things do get better as i go on but would still like to hear of others experiences,thanks for your help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
OobiemoObie
Regular

Reged: 10/21/09
Loc: Hawaii
Re: just diagnosed 3 weeks ago new
      #248110 - 10/21/09 04:34 PM

Sorry to hear that... do you know how you got infected? First off, if it was a partner that you may still be in contact with, I would let them know, maybe they already knew? Or if you've had any unprotected sexual encounters since you found out maybe you would like to tell them as well. Anywho. I was born HIV+, so in finding out like you are is something I've not experienced. But I'm 21 and very healthy. I've been on and off meds just due to giving the 'ol liver a break. When I'm on meds my viral load becomes undetectable, and when I'm off I can usually stay off for a good year before its time to get back on. These days a lot can be controlled well with the right medication. Now this is something I'm curious about, have you told many people? Do you think you'll be public/open about it? That is something I have not done, besides telling best friends and sexual partners (which to say went very well, much more than I expected it would:-). Not like you have to tell someone the first time you meet them... but in my case, there are times when I would like to but into a conversation and give them my PERSONAL opinion. In my mind there is always some sort of fear of rejection. I have had friends who aren't afraid at all. Some days I feel really confident and feel like I could tell anybody. Sometimes I feel alone, and seriously wish I didn't have it, so I can be "normal". As I'm growing up I'm finding "normal people" are a myth. From my perspective, having always been this way, I have nothing to complaining about, other than why do I need to use condoms with my partner? Stupid, because the good things sure out way that one negative with that. Point is, everything will be ok. We are stuggle in surrounding ourselves with good healthy people, people who support us, people whom we care about, people who will help us grow, so when you think about, nothing has really changed, its just time for you to take care of yourself, and I honestly should be doing the same :-)
Let me know how it goes, your tests and all, and anything else you want to say...

--------------------
-OobiemoObie

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1870

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3