Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Ria

Reged: 08/30/09
Loc: Mumbai, India
HIV pos female looking to make genuine pos buddies
      #247436 - 09/03/09 10:17 AM

Hi. Being detected with HIV kind of makes you feel lonely in a strange way, even though you still have the same family, the same friends around you, the same colleagues, everything....
I am here, not to get rid of the loneliness, but to be helped & maybe help someone else find a way to be comfortable with it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mondo
Regular

Reged: 04/26/09
Loc: Australia
Re: HIV pos female looking to make genuine pos buddies new
      #247440 - 09/03/09 08:34 PM

Hi Ria
Welcome to the forum. Iím sorry about the circumstances that brought you here but Iím happy that you have found this site. I hope you can give and receive comfort from this forum. I have found it very supportive in the 2 years I have been +.
I understand your feelings. It is a lonely journey that we are on. We have something unique that we canít readily talk to everybody about for obvious reasons. There is a definite feeling of isolation but as you say we still have the same friends etc. I think we are the ones that emotionally withdraw, perhaps itís a protection and self preservation strategy we instinctively employ when we feel injured. No doubt the psychiatrists would be able to come up with a name for it. Anyway Ria feel free to drop me a line if you think I can be of any help or you just want to unload to someone that understands.

Keep well
Mondo

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #247442 - 09/03/09 08:43 PM

I understand how you feel. Sometimes you just need to be able to let your hair down with people that really understand what you are going through. I love my friends and family, but it does a world of good to be able just to talk with other people living with HIV.

Ria

#247454 - 09/04/09 01:47 PM

Hey Mondo,

Thanks for dropping a line. How are you doing ? Well to be honest I still cant bring myself to talk much about this. In fact, this is probably only the 2nd or 3rd time that I am using the word HIV, I still hate the word & hate that anyone has to live with it. The worst part is debating about telling your family or not. my family still doesnt know. Just 2 friends (God bless them) know, who have helped me with this.
Thats all for now, I need to sleep, have work tommorrow.
Hey by the way, are you a guy or a woman ?

Ria

#247455 - 09/04/09 01:58 PM

Well to be honest I have been very skeptical about this, because I did not like to talk about it & also because I am quite healthy right now, not on medication & thanks to my doctor & friends, fairly positive that I will be ok... so was scared that I might read or here negative things on such a forum, which could pull me down & undo all the good that my doc & friends have done for me. But lately I have been feeling a bit lonely after my mom, who lives with me, left for the US to spend time with my brother & his family.. so decided to give this a shot.
more later...
Ria

Mondo
Regular

Reged: 04/26/09
Loc: Australia
      #247478 - 09/07/09 11:33 PM

Hello Ria

Thank you for replying to the post. I am a Male by the way. I hope that won't stop you from being a Buddie. Disclosure is a very important issue. read my posts and you may some thoughts on this. I hope you are well and continue to stay well.

Regards

Mondo

bikejunkie47

Reged: 09/26/09
Re: HIV pos female looking to make genuine pos bud new
      #247743 - 09/26/09 06:38 PM

Hi!! RIA, FIRST TIME HERE SO BE PATIENT WITH ME. I WAS DIAGNOSED 2001 OF 9-11-2001 SO THE WORLD CAME TO A COMPLETE HALT TO ME IN A VERY REAL WAY. I LIVE MY LIFE AS IT COMES AND TRY TO LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST. I TOO AM LOOKING TO MAKE A REAL FRIEND AND MAYBE TALK ABOUT WHAT HAS BEEN LOCKED UP FOR SO LONG. BE BLESSED

Bake

Reged: 09/27/09
Loc: South Dakota
      #247912 - 10/08/09 08:18 PM

Hello.

I am looking for the very same thing. Perhaps we can help one another. If you are willing, so am I.

T.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3793

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3