Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
wonderboy21

Reged: 04/18/09
1st Month With Atripla
      #246016 - 06/11/09 06:27 PM

1st Month with atripla and everything is going just fine. i love my get well pill as my best friend puts it. I Have Had NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL.. i was looking forward to those crazy dreams everyone was talking about but nope not for me. so if anyone is going to take atripla for there first time go right ahead. other people scare you with there side effects i havent gotten not 1 and i love it. i think if you THINK to much bout the possible side effects your going to ge those effects..i just take my get well pill at 9 or 10pm and go out or just go to bed. just thought i let everyone know. i go for my results next week..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hopefulone
Master

Reged: 12/05/08
Loc: NY, NY
Re: 1st Month With Atripla new
      #246022 - 06/11/09 10:05 PM

same here, on week ten now....no negative side effects...

August69
All Star

Reged: 03/22/08
      #246024 - 06/11/09 11:31 PM

I do get the dreams, but I am of larger build, and I hear that does have an impact.

Otherwise this time around, no real problems.

alg

Reged: 06/03/09
      #246029 - 06/12/09 10:00 AM

I have been on a lot worse than Atripla which the side effects should be close to the ones I had before since 2 of the medicines contained are the same ones I was on individually but I paid a co-pay for 3 now I pay for one and this is what I find great.

You guys should of been around for some of the other medicines like AZT which was better than nothing.

Don't worry so much about the side effects but rather that pill gives you the chance to live an entire life with this crap.

Also remember everybody is different and I don't pick on people who can't take the medicine, for whatever reason, cuz I know that means they are not going to do well with this virus.

I have always been happy to of survived to complete my life and I hope nobody else dies.

Have a great life.

Brian360

Reged: 07/24/08
Loc: Vancouver, Wa
      #246130 - 06/15/09 02:17 PM

Sorry to hear that you missed out on the fun! I only had two weeks of wicked dreams when i first started Atripla. But when you take the efavirenz (Sustiva) component by itself (like i did during my first regimen) the dreams are much worse. So you got lucky.

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #246150 - 06/16/09 12:55 PM

Amen to the scary Sustiva dreams. Mine were very bad, but I learned to control my dreams by stopping them at the scary moment or turing them around. My Sustiva dreams always were about something normal that turned bad. The worst one involved me fishing from a riverbank. I caught a gleaming trout that turned into a viscious viper when I picked it up. Awful.

Sustiva caused me to have delusinal episodes during the day and I often thought that a person I was approaching on the sidewalk meant me harm. I developed a resistance to Sustiva as many do since the mutation that causes Sustiva resistance is an easy one for the virus. My happiest day was the one that I dropped Sustiva from my meds.

I have found that all of the AIDS meds have side effects. I have taken meds since 1994 and have a lot of experience with them, including AZT which made you feel as though you had ants under your skin and which has left me with permanent nerve damage in my hands, feet and lower legs.

Still, it is great to be here after 25 years with the virus.

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4172

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3