Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
wonderboy21

Reged: 04/18/09
Starting Medication 5-18-09
      #245743 - 05/13/09 03:01 AM

Got My Results i made an error Cd4 291 VL - 6,500 i accidently put 650,000 on my last post.. not resistant to anything im still new about this so i dont know how to write about it..but joined a study with the hospital clinic im at. My doctor shes a lady shes kinda of a Bitch but a good one and i like her i need her to be tuff with me. anyways back to the study got lucky going tostart Atripla 1 pill a day so thats good i been hearing alot of good things about aTRIPla and i hope all will turn out well..im still shaking up that i have to take this pill for the rest of my life. im still not fully matured i act childish at times.. im coping with my beeing HIV+ a little better..im still debating if i should tell my best friend or not i know he wont tell anyone and i know he will cry but be ok with it we have another friend whos HIV+ and hes cool with him..but i dont know i dont know whats holding me back from telling him anyways im ramblin on..so ya best of luck to me i hope atripla works for me as it has for many other people..i love this Forum so much i read almost every post just to read so what others talk about..No matter how good the meds are i still wish i was HIV NEGATIVE..: (

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sparkles4life

Reged: 04/11/09
Re: Starting Medication 5-18-09 new
      #245759 - 05/14/09 02:21 AM

i took that pill its a really good pill, but you need to get serious with this cause it can take your life like that. i was just like you at one point but i got serious im here for you you can email me at afettig915@hotmail.com when ever you need a friend. and i told my best friend they are who you need the most right now

DJones
All Star

Reged: 04/02/09
Loc: Milwaukee Wisconsin
      #245770 - 05/14/09 09:25 PM

I started Atripla in January 2009. I did and do have side effects but my next blood test in June should be undetectable. I had a viral load of 334,000 and TCell count of 106. If you want to email me, do so, check out my daily blog if you have a chance. Dave

--------------------
http://daveslifelivingwithhiv.blogspot.com/

MIT

Reged: 09/25/06
      #245784 - 05/15/09 04:29 PM

i just began atripla for the first time last night. so far so good. a little tiredness and a little irritable but i feel strong about it. been positive for 5 years without incident or drugs. vl is 4000 and tcells are 375 so it's a good place to start. when you're ready tell your close friends. they'll want to support you. disclosing yields a lot of different responses so be prepared for that.
write back if you like and good luck.

logopolis

Reged: 05/23/09
Loc: UK
      #245867 - 05/23/09 11:35 AM

Hi Wonderboy,

I am due to see the hospital on June 5th...i have no idea of CD4 at this point but think they will put me on treatment. It does sort of becomes final once you start the treatment...am sure that you have felt the same thats its not quite real until then. How quickly life can change. At the start of 2009 myself and my partner had no idea what was to come in Feb of this year. He becam really ill on holiday and looking back had not been right for a long time. He had a Cd4 count of 8 and viral load 165,000! But a couple of months on and he has gained weight, CD4 slowly growing at 30 now and Viral load of only 60. Atripla has worked wonders and you are starting with a higher CD4 count.

One tip...buy a small alarm clock and set it to go off at the time you need to pop the pill, we have found this has worked at and 10pm each night it goes off. It has quickly become rouitine but you have to stick to it!. I hope these first few days of taking Atripla have gone well...i'll update you on how i get on in June.

If you ever want to chat, get in touch...no one is alone with this...i too have found this sight really good and a great resource.

Bye for now

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3344

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3