Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
wonderboy21

Reged: 04/18/09
I want To Have Kids Raise a Family
      #245420 - 04/18/09 02:50 AM

im 24 and poz but i want to have children someday ya i guess i can find an hiv poz woman and see where it goes but thats not a for sure..is there any other way..everytime i tell my doctors that i wanna have children they always brush that question off. i have hurd stories of hiv men rasing there own children but i have no money for all those things they did. what can one do ? what can i do ? plz help im lost about this

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Alexandrite

Reged: 04/14/09
Re: I want To Have Kids Raise a Family new
      #245422 - 04/18/09 10:22 AM

Hello...HIV doesn't mean a death sentence. You can have children. I have been positive for 18 years...married for 13 years...but I'm divorcing now. However, my husband is negative and so is my beautiful miraculous four year old son. My husband and I only used protection maybe the first year of our marriage...so God has truly blessed all of us in our marriage. I am not sure what your health situation is like or what meds you are on, but I would suggest that you look after your health first. When you get that stabilized, then look for a mate. If you decide to marry an HIV positive person, verify that the meds she's on are a Category B no more than Category C meds...since anything more than C will cause severe birth defects. Lastly, there's always adoption. If your doctor is not encouraging - get new ones. You need a (no pun intended) a positive support system. I wish you the best...any questions shoot me a message.

diva

Reged: 12/07/08
Re: I want To Have Kids Raise a Family new
      #246160 - 06/17/09 04:11 AM

i totally agree.i had my daughter 2 yrs ago (that's when i found out} well i had some unexpected problems and she came early and she was not spared this virus.i too want to have another child.its just that u have to be prepared for either results of the child's condition.u could look at my baby girl and you can't even guess she has it. she does everything like any other toddler, so keep the faith

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2637

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3