Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

False Negative-help
      #24527 - 11/12/01 11:35 AM

I had Qual. DNA-PCR by Specialized Testing of St. Louis, MO at 5 weeks after an exposure which came back negative. I am still having symptoms and am awaiting an antibody test results. Did any of you have a false negative? Just wondering my chances. thank guys, best of luck!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: False Negative-help new
      #24537 - 11/12/01 12:59 PM

Because of their sensitivity PCR-DNAs are known for having false POSITIVEs, not false negatives. I believe Quest says that if the test is taken at least 28 days post-exposure and is negative then you are indeed not infected.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24644 - 11/14/01 09:14 PM

As I am sure you know there are over fifty conditions that can cause a false positive. For a full list and other information on why the Elisa and Blot Tests prove nothing whatsoever see the AIDS test section of : -

Thank you for a great article. The most telling fact regarding 'AIDS' in Africa is that the mortality statistics of South Africa reveal that before the 'epidemic' the mortality rate from non natural causes was 2.2%. Now, in the middle of a so called epidemic the rate remains at the exact same 2.2%. Either, all other epidemic diseases have declined in exact inverse proportion to 'AIDS' or 'AIDS' is the old diseases renamed.

The Rolling stome Magazine confirms this point and so do the many articles at: -

http://www.aidsRC.org

Keep well.

Best wishes.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24780 - 11/19/01 12:54 AM

A PCR test is the least reliable test out there. It has a tendency to give more false positives than false negatives, but it also isn't know for corrolating with anti-body test very well. So don't trust that test conclusively either way. Also 1.5 to 3 percent of the general public will come back with a positive viral load without any virus under this test.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1705

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3