Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Theshadow

Reged: 03/13/09
Loc: NY, U.S.A
Hold my hand (Dating possibilities)
      #244967 - 03/13/09 01:31 AM

I'm 24 black, male, educated fit and good looking living in the general New York City area. Have always dreamt of having a nice wife with kids and hopefully that becomes a reality. Been thinking about dating recently so if you love God more than anything and are close to my age in years reach out...I believe in friendships even if we are not compatible since reality dictates that we can't all be matches and what's more that disease can't be the only reason we can be together.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kaitee

Reged: 03/12/09
Loc: South Bay Area California
Re: Hold my hand (Dating possibilities) new
      #245001 - 03/18/09 03:33 AM

Hello...

I am glad to read your post. I was recently Diagnosed on the 6th of this month. I before being diagnosed was starting to fall for a man. Things now seem impossible. I want to fall in love too and have a family...but I feel as if it is impossible.

I don't know where to start. I just don't wanna grow old alone you know? I would love if we could become great friends!

I am 33 years old and I live in the South Bay Area of California.

Message me if you would like a friend.

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #245005 - 03/18/09 08:56 AM

Kaitee, if this disease has taught us any lesson that is that anything is indeed possible. When I graduated high school, and in my early 20s I did a lot of volunteer work for different AIDS organizations, many people that I met during that time did not live very long. That was in the late 80's early 90's today, people with HIV for the most part live normal lifes, have the same struggles as everyone. We have come so far as that now if you get pregnant there is only a 2% chance that you will infect your newborn child. That is truly amazing. So my advice to both of you is to focus on yourself and what would make you better, I have learned that everything else normally falls into place. So don't give up on your dreams, still reach for those stars and remember the impossible may be possible. You are never alone, welcome to our family here at the Body. D

Kaitee

Reged: 03/12/09
Loc: South Bay Area California
      #245010 - 03/18/09 09:53 PM

Thank you for that! I was beginning to wonder if anyone would reach out!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2751

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3