Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
daisy07

Reged: 08/11/08
Loc: Virginia
Conversation Topics Needed......
      #241771 - 09/02/08 08:29 PM

Just wondering what are some of the issues that people in our condition are deeling with? Is is dating with dual diagnosis...or rasing children....having sex with out disclosing status....? What are some things that we could talk about in this forum? It seems kinda dry at times.... By the way thanks for all those who responded to my previous post. You all had good ideas, but I want people to know that it is o.k to feel like crap at times...Like everything with this illness there are good times and bad times.....Thanks for helping me through the bad times.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
Re: Conversation Topics Needed...... new
      #241785 - 09/03/08 09:07 AM

Hey sweets, I hope that you are feeling better and attempting to get some help for self medicating. You are a truly beautiful soul, I know this first hand and deserve everybit the happiness that is out there in the world. It is really important for you to focus on yourself and making yourself better for you and your children. I believe in you. As far as topics go, how about we discuss choices, in dealing with love, relationships and family. Sex is a natural thing for each of us, but many have real issues with intimacy, there is a lot more to intimacy than sex. In our society, unfortunately people think of them as the same, but they are completely different animals. Sometimes just feeling someones skin close to you, being able to talk about wants and dreams is a very intimate thing. In my opinion it is important to have an intimate relationship, as it helps sex become more satisfying. How is that for a topic??? D

daisy07

Reged: 08/11/08
Loc: Virginia
Re: Conversation Topics Needed...... new
      #241796 - 09/03/08 06:47 PM

I agree and often fall victim to the same thing. I recently met a guy. I disclosed my status and it took a while for him to get use to the fact. We did not have sex but 2 or 3 times in a three month period and I thought that he was not in to me. I equated sex with love when in actuality he respected me more than I realized. We are still going strong after four months and he wants to have a future with me. I have herpes and HIV so finding him was kinda like a diamond in the ruff. His only wish is that I do not hide my illness and illness related problems from him. He wantes to know when Im not feeling good or my counts have changed. And to think I was going to leave him because we were not having sex. I learned a lot from him..... This is a very good topic...Thank you!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2200

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3