Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
gaining weight
      #241230 - 08/09/08 02:11 AM

seems the higher my numbers get, the more weight i gain. last year at this time i weighed 114lbs... my CD4 was hovering around the 400 mark with a VL undetectable. now, a year later, my CD4 is 723, VL undetectable 47% and i have gained 34lbs. i've been o Atripla for years now & i'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same weight gain issue? my doctor is in no way concerned with the weight gain, noting i'm a 36yr old female & i weigh well within the "normal" healthy range. i eat a mostly vegetarian diet, nothing after 7pm, balance out my protiens & starches, organic foods... is this normal?? none of my other numbers are out of whack, cholesterol, liver function... blood pressure. i even speed walk for an hour every day! i've been diagnosed + for 3 years now... up from CD4 230 VL 86,000 t o where i am now. i'm in nooooooo way bitching, i just want to know if anyone else seems to be gaining weight like this, and if maybe it's a result of such awesome numbers

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cunta_stalwart
Grand Master

Reged: 06/27/08
Re: gaining weight new
      #241233 - 08/09/08 07:09 AM

wellmaybe 114ilb was thin and underweight for you and now that your body is normalised both physical and mental you are just adjusting back to the weight you should be, 114ilbs sounds very light although I guess it depends on your height.

I hope can get results like yours at some point in the future

--------------------
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits Hes lost

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
Re: gaining weight new
      #241243 - 08/09/08 10:38 AM

114 was very light.. i'm 5'5" & i was able to buy clothing in the little girls section. i really haven't changed my life too much in the past year - if anything i'm eating better & taking better care, but the stress level is higher from work & just general life crap. i almost fell off the table when the doc told me my CD4 was 723, it had jumped from 620-ish in 3 months... which has seemed to be the trend in my numbers in the past year. ranging in an increase in CD4 between 80-140. the highest jump i've had is about 200 (440 to 620) i've also maintained an undetectable status within 3 weeks since i started meds 3 years ago. my last set of labs was last week, which i'll get the results when i go for my appt 8/20. i'm praying it's at least in the same ball park as the last time.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2752

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3