Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
DESCO

Reged: 07/10/08
Loc: Florida
Rejection
      #240779 - 07/18/08 10:30 PM

I dont fall in love very often but this time it got me. Not love but a good chemistry, something i thought it was gonna work out for mw. I met this 22 yrs old, nice looking, smart, great kisser and we had a very good chemistry. Capricorn like me ! We had a few dates and even sex and it was great..It was amazing like he said. So one day it got me that i had to tell him about my status(2 weekes after we were seeing each other). So i told him i wanted to talk to him. He thought i wanted to break up. So finally i told him and oh boy did it hurt... I cried, he hugged me, we kissed and it was said. We hanged out that weekend, but no sex , just kissing. He said he was scared and needed time to think about everything. Its had for me to tell people cause its very personal and some people have a big mouth. I cried 2 days in a role. I was feeling rejected, unwanted. One simple word changed everything. And i was falling for him as he was falling for me. I understand him being so young and wanting to enjoy life. But i also was heart broken and wanting someone to understand me. After 2 weeks, his answer was he wanted to be just friends... It sucks cause i think about him a lot and even worte a poem which i will turn into a music one day. How can one word change everything?? It does change... I tell myself that it will pass...give it a time...Life goes on. Im not dead..i still look good!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
Re: Rejection new
      #240780 - 07/18/08 10:40 PM

I'm sorry he reacted that way,it's so hard to tell when you know the person you're telling can break your heart like that.I hope things work out for both of you and after he has time to come to terms with it he will change his mind.

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #240845 - 07/20/08 10:59 PM

I am going to agree that time has a way of healing all wounds. Give yourself some time, things may work out the way they are suppose to. I am sure that once he educates himself and learns the risks that are associated with this disease and sees whats out there, he will be back. Do me a favor, don't wait for him. You have to live your life for yourself, although you want to make him happy you ultimately only have control over yourself. I hate ignorance, it always annoys me. I hope you do find someone out there that will be with you for you. I don't know what part of Florida you are in, but I am in Tampa. Talk to you later, and good luck to you. D

August69
All Star

Reged: 03/22/08
      #240870 - 07/22/08 01:37 AM

Although I understand that this hurts but truth be told In your post you mention that you did not tell him until after you had been together for over 2 weeks and in that time you had sex with him. How would you feel yourself if someone you have had sex with has HIV and has put you at risk because they did not feel like telling you before you had sex with them.

Maybe in the future you will be upfront and tell them before you have sex with someone and put them at risk. If you had told him before and then you had sex at least then he would have been able to make an informed choice.

Samurai
Fanatic

Reged: 06/25/08
Loc: Texas, USA
      #240910 - 07/23/08 01:10 AM

My gaydar says your straight. No matter--love is love.

It was a no no to not tell him before sex. Even if you played safe. You can be criminally charged for that in Texas. Enough on that.

You did not say your age, sex, or orientation for sure.
I feel your young, a girl, and straight but forgive me if I'm wrong.

I'm in a relationship with a negative partner. It is rare compared to people who date that are both positive.

I suggest you seek out others who are also positive if you can.
You're not alone. There are millions of pos people in the USA and sadly growing everyday.

If you try to date negative people expect rejection. Lots of it.
They don't reject you as a person, but they reject to be near a disease they fear and don't understand.

The best way to handle it, is honesty.
If you get rejected, forget that one and move on.

Best to become friends first, and develop trust. This will help guide you to the moment to share this news. Get educated on how to keep a negative partner safe and show them your serious about safe sex only.

But the fact is, even with safe sex, they are afraid.
it is something we all live with.

I also suggest the website:
positivesingles.com
It cost to join, but it can lead you to others who are also positive.
That will be the easiest way to find your love now.

Magnetic relationships (+ and -) may be too difficult at this stage in your life with HIV. And by looking for pos lovers, you can avoid the rejection.

--------------------
I am forever amazed at the abundance of hydrogen and ignorance in the universe.
~Albert Einstein

Edited by Samurai (07/24/08 05:10 PM)

Samurai
Fanatic

*** new
      #240937 - 07/23/08 12:24 PM

Story removed so as not to offend anyone.

--------------------
~Albert Einstein

Edited by Samurai (07/24/08 10:30 PM)

cunta_stalwart
Grand Master

Reged: 06/27/08
Re: Our First Night Together new
      #240941 - 07/24/08 07:03 AM

Most of that post I find offensive, that sort of thing should left for PM's if you don't mind me saying so, this is not a gay forum. Sorry that is my opinion

PS not everybody lives in Texas, most other states and indeed countries in the world have a different moral and legal attitude to disclosure, I have not said what mine is - just stating facts.

--------------------
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits Hes lost

Samurai
Fanatic

Story removed by author. new
      #240952 - 07/24/08 05:05 PM

You have a point. In respect to non gay viewers, I shall remove it.

--------------------
~Albert Einstein

Edited by Samurai (07/24/08 05:11 PM)

cunta_stalwart
Grand Master

Reged: 06/27/08
Re: Story removed by author. new
      #240956 - 07/24/08 05:36 PM

thx

--------------------
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits Hes lost

Barbdoll
Regular

Reged: 07/30/08
Loc: Belize
      #241088 - 08/02/08 12:53 PM

I totally agree with you on that, the conversation should have came up before sex did. I met a guy who i was very much into myself but I made sure i told him before we had sex. He couldn't deal with it but at least i didn't have that emotional connection that involves sex with him. So it's less feeling. She need to give herself sometime when meeting someone. He is young 22 year old don't know what they want as yet. Take it easy and learn from this without regret

--------------------
Barbara A
Secretary
Belize City Belize
Central America

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5071

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3