Pages: 1
Starboy
Regular

Reged: 12/09/04
Loc: New York
Have HIV and on Atripla with a question
      #240179 - 06/25/08 10:25 PM

Hi All:
I have been on Atripla since it first came out and recently notice that I seem to be not allergic to Poision Ivy anymore. Was wondering if any one else has a similar experience. I have been working in my woods all week in Poision Ivy which I use to catch VERY easy.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
Re: Have HIV and on Atripla with a question new
      #240222 - 06/26/08 10:18 PM

That's funny because my daughter who was always very allergic to poison ivy(and is HIV-)was just saying the same thing to me last week.Is the ivy getting less poisonous or is it something that with time people outgrow?

MissouriMammal

Reged: 06/15/05
Loc: SW Missouri
      #240342 - 06/30/08 02:21 PM

I've never heard that and I dont think I want to test it out either! Poison Ivy is no fun!

Starboy
Regular

#240348 - 06/30/08 04:40 PM

well I am still working in it and now I do have a few bums.. but have then under cotrol so far on benydrl lotion

Samurai
Fanatic

Reged: 06/25/08
Loc: Texas, USA
      #240357 - 06/30/08 05:52 PM

Poison Ivy looks like many other plants that are harmless. Good chance you are not in the ivy but something else. I can't see how your meds would make a difference. I have heard of anti retro virals curing some Hepatitis viruses (A & B) for some people.

--------------------
I am forever amazed at the abundance of hydrogen and ignorance in the universe.
~Albert Einstein

pozartistsd
Expert

Reged: 01/04/08
Loc: San Diego, CA
      #240450 - 07/03/08 05:31 PM

actually, i had the reverse happen. i work in the yard a lot too and i never was very sensitive to allergens. after my diagnosis however, but before i started meds, i broke out in major hives just from coming in contact with some weeds. funny thing though, this seemed to be a one time occurrance since I never broke out in hives again. My guess is that since my tcells were so low the allergens really affected me and also since my tcells were so depleted, the old cell group that was "familiar" with this particular allergen must of been killed off. I think this because the new tcells i developed must of become "familiar" with the allergen so they fought it off the next time. I read somewhere that itching and rashes can sometimes be a temporary side effect of meds (i had this too at first). I also read that as the immune system becomes heartier/healthier it is on alert and attacks anything and everything with gusto. This may be why lots of us HIVers have itching problems but never heard of the reverse like you experienced. How lucky for you. see, even with HIV there are some silver linings, huh? good luck

Starboy
Regular

#240537 - 07/07/08 11:12 PM

acually its definitely poison ivy. After two weeks working in the backyard I AM FINELY COVERED WITH POISION IVY.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4333

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3