Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
PozBrother

Reged: 06/10/08
Toning after Major Weight Loss
      #239827 - 06/10/08 06:20 PM

Hello, my name is Carter, I am trying to tone up my stomach and behind areas, I have loss a great deal of weight, went from 360, now currently 194, and I am 6'4, so it does not look bad.. but I want to tone up and be healthier, Can anyone suggest excersising tips and nutrtion as well. Thanks. Carter

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
Re: Toning after Major Weight Loss new
      #239848 - 06/11/08 04:11 PM

Hello Carter,
First of all, congratulations on your remarkable weight loss. Achieving that kind of success must be extremely rewarding. GREAT JOB!

As for toning up the stomach, I've discovered that there're few techniques quite as effective as good, old fashioned sit-ups. You may want to check online or get a book to learn more about various types if you want to mix things up a bit.

In addition, you may want to consider rewarding yourself by getting a personal trainer for a few months. While with him/her, learn as much as you can about how to tighten up your sagging parts, and then discontinue using them, since self discipline doesn't seem to be a problem for you.

Best of luck man, and congratulations again. You've motivated me to kick my workouts up a notch.

-Gary

taipeitimes

Reged: 05/26/08
Loc: Taiwan
Re: Toning after Major Weight Loss new
      #239872 - 06/12/08 04:24 AM

Hey Carter, congrats!

Other than the machines at the gym that target your abs and your butt, you may also want to try some exercises that hit your inner muscles. If you do this, it will tighten everything up from the inside and kind of bring everything in a bit. One that is good is to lay flat on your stomach. Then, raise yourself only on your elbows and toes, keeping your body in a straight line off the ground. If you hold it a few minutes, it will kill you! You can also do the same idea on your side, resting on one elbow with your body in a straight line off the ground down to your foot. Get a decent yoga book or take a class for other exercises that will tighten you up from the inside.

Having lost that much weight, you probably have some extra skin hanging around which makes things look un-tight. Get a good skin tightening cream and take a vitamin E supplement.

Food-wise, I would just stick with lean proteins, whole grains, with the rest of your carbs coming from fruits and veggies. This diet has kept me in good shape for years.

Again, congrats. I hope you (and other people, ha ha) enjoy your new body.

Andrew

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4974

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3