Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
TurningPoint
New User

Reged: 06/08/08
Death still a fact of life
      #239789 - 06/08/08 09:01 PM

yes, it's real still even today for us on HARRT. even tho we are living longer i still can't find a life insurance who will except me because of my status. hey some of us still want to be buried also tradionally for those who want to be. can someone out there please let me know if there are any life insurance companies out there that accepts our status.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chevytexas

Reged: 06/19/08
Re: Death still a fact of life new
      #240035 - 06/19/08 11:55 PM

Hey there, at 58 (hey, I'm still young aren't I?) and facing retirement, I too think about "the box" and how to fund it. While I have employment-provided life insurance, if I read your question right, is it "how do I pay for my funeral"? If you're trying to reduce costs for that event, it's cheaper than an insurance policy to consider pre-paying a burial policy. Most major funeral companies are allied with such agencies. You can Google this but I think there is still the Hemlock Society which helps broker simple cremations and the like. If this is not your question, please excuse the intrusion.

Xcharles
New User

Reged: 06/26/08
Loc: Macon, GA, USA
Re: Death still a fact of life new
      #240412 - 07/02/08 01:44 PM

After having HIV for 16 years I was able to purchase an insurance policy. It's a "Guaranteed Issue: Whole Life Policy". The monthly premium is much higher than the standard insurance, but anyone and everyone can be insured.

Im not promoting any particular insurance company, but you might check Omega One Insurance for a whole life policy.

If all you're worried about is burial expenses you can buy a burial policy through most funeral homes. It would only cover the basic costs - box, plot, preparing the body.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2885

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3