HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
sunflower
Grand Master

Reged: 08/31/06
Loc: AK
Nutritionist??
      #238931 - 04/30/08 11:31 PM

Yawn....sigh. Has anyone worked with a nutritionist to combat fatigue?? Did it work? I feel like I am gaining a ton of weight partly due to the fact that I keep wanting to eat because I am so tired. I feel like eating will give me energy (not).
I just wonder if eating certain portion sizes and at closer intervals would help. Sometimes it aches to be sitting at my desk at work i feel so tired - luckily not everyday - it seems to cycle where I will be hit for several days with fatigue and then have several days of average energy.
Did anyone read that article on the home page about working with nano technology to deliver HIV drugs - it would slowly release the drug to system over time and doses would be every few months - how cool is that possibility??? I love technology! I know it is a way off but think how convenient that would be for kids, for those with adherence issues, etc.
It will be interesting to see how new information over time will impact HIV therapies.
Has anyone thought about McCain's push to move insurance from employers to individuals will impact us??? I have only read a very little bit but wonder how those with medical conditions would be affected. Seems like the cost of individual health care would be greater than the credit I saw listed in the article.
So.....anybody enjoying their stimulus check yet??? Mine is going toward credit card debt!
Cheers~
Lor

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
Re: Nutritionist?? new
      #238938 - 05/01/08 09:00 AM

Lor, have you tried starting on a B-12 vitamin. I know I started taking them, mind you it takes around 3-4 months to really get into your system, but I feel like it helped me. I am totally excited about the nano technology, where you go to your doctor, they give you a shot and you are good until your next visit three months later. I already have my own private insurance, thank goodness. That has got to be one of the smartest things I ever did for myself. I just received my check today, so I am going yard selling with the girls on Saturday, getting my front windows tinted on my car (why do they only do back windows in SUVs?), and I think I am gonna start looking for a motorcycle to save money on gas for back and forth to work. My three for today, a free day off, a day to hang with my girls, and a new cat that if he doesn't acclimate to the house I will have to find a home for. HUGS. D

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #238944 - 05/01/08 01:24 PM

Hi Lor
You know, there is a nutritionist at your finger tips here at TheBody. Click on "Ask the Experts" and then click on Nutrition and Exercise in the menu on the left.
Here is a sample of one question: http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Nutrition/Current/Q191810.html

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

pozartistsd
Expert

Reged: 01/04/08
Loc: San Diego, CA
      #238981 - 05/05/08 11:55 AM

Hi Sunflower, you have to get your energy up as all sunflowers are perky. ha
have you heard of the zone diet? it's all in a book by Dr. Sears. It's 40-30-30
(carbs/protein/fat). I tried it when i was a fitness fanatic, exercising all the time but still a bit chubby. not only did i get super lean in a hurry, but i had so much energy. I used to just about fall asleep every day around 2pm but after just a few days on this diet i was energized all day and mentally felt focused and ready to face challenges. It takes a while to get the hang of it as it's kinda like weight watchers where you count quantities (they use "blocks" in the zone diet). you definitely have to get the book to do it right. another drawback, for some, is it can be considered not very convenient as you are supposed to eat protein and fat and carbs every meal. I mean you just can't have an apple, you must have some turkey and peanuts with it for example. I used to keep sliced turkey and other deli meats, fresh fruit and veggies and various nuts at work so i could easily grab a zone meal. I had a mini fridge so it was pretty easy. I recently started doing the zone diet again and i feel much better than when i was trying to eat a balanced diet. It is pretty balanced though, although some critics say it's too high in protein. the diet does emphasize getting your carbs from fruits and veggies vs starchier sources like rice, bread etc. also it's preferred to eat fish/chix vs red meat for protein. all stuff we already know but don't always do Of course exercise boosts your energy and mood, but you probably already know that. i'm trying to start walking again for starters but keep putting it off. i know it will make me feel better but i still don't do it even though i have the time, i have no excuse. maybe i don't want to be happy, but that's another post, right?

anyhow sorry for the long reply. good luck.

sunflower
Grand Master

Reged: 08/31/06
Loc: AK
      #239012 - 05/05/08 09:43 PM

Thank you Bear, Pozartistsd, and D -
I will check out the nutrition info on The Body and maybe pick up a book on the zone - I know others who have used it and liked it.
Right now I am so tired I ache.
Three things I am grateful for today:
Getting a surprise visit and hug from my hubby in the middle of the day
tiny flower sprouts in the yard - since we bought our house in Jnauary the flowers will be a surprise!
smoked turkey sandwich - yummmmm
Have a good evening all -
Lor

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

pozartistsd
Expert

Reged: 01/04/08
Loc: San Diego, CA
      #239070 - 05/06/08 12:45 PM

sounds like you're started already (smoked turkey sand.) that does sound good.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3777

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3