HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
HELP! Took Atripla By Mistake
      #238231 - 04/03/08 11:50 AM

I brought my medicine bottles to work today to reorder my them by phone. While rushing to take my vitamins, I took an Artipla pill by mistake. (I usually take one at night). I’m beginning to stress out about this.

There was a post in one of the forums about taking the meds during the day, but I can't seem to find it. Can someone direct me to that post....or is there someone experienced with taking Atripla during the day who can tell me what to be prepared for?

I remember that they can sometimes cause drossiness, so I'll probably try to over-dose myself on coffee and caffeinated drinks. Any other suggestions?

I've got three meetings to facilitate today and need to be on my A-Game. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
Gary

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
Re: HELP! Took Atripla By Mistake new
      #238236 - 04/03/08 03:28 PM

G, my only concern would be toxicity, because you took them so closely together. The Sustiva is what makes you a little tired feeling, and almost goggy. If you have been taking this regimen for a while you will probably not have any effects. I have missed a dose and taken it at 6am when I first woke up, my bf bought me a daily pill box for this exact reason. So I never forget and always remember to take them at night. I have woken up on the middle of the night and taken them. I also put my vitamins down stairs and keep my meds upstairs to that I dont' mix them up. I know of a few people that take their meds in the morning and don't have any effects.

Here are some helpful sites that I found.
http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hiv_and_aids/atripla1.html
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/atripla_ad.htm

Good luck on your day, and I hope you aren't to wired. D

Choosing2Liv
Legend

#238237 - 04/03/08 03:37 PM

Thanks D!

I only have about three more hours before my day is done, so hopefully I will survive. Luckily, we had a going away celebration for a co-worker today, so I rode with someone to the restaurant.

Incidentally, I took one pill last night around 11 PM and another this morning around 10 AM. Do you think I should skip tonight's dosage?

Florida69
Legend

#238238 - 04/03/08 04:48 PM

I wouldn't take the dose tonight, but maybe you should call your doc and ask that question. I am not on Atripla, I take Sustiva and Epzicom. It is hard to get in the routine. D

stillhere

Reged: 03/30/08
      #238241 - 04/03/08 08:05 PM

I take Atripla and I have been in your situation, you have nothing to worry about, I agree that you should not take your Atripla tonight and just start back on taking it 2marrow night anda you will be just fine! It also is a good idea as another has posted to keep your meds and your vitamins seperate from eachother and maybe you should get a pill box, that may aide you. I know it's hard sometimes and we stress, but trust that you have nothing to worry abput, it aint like the Atripla will knock you out at the wheel, coffee or maybe a coke would aide you till you get home and then you can relax.

whocanfigure
Guru

Reged: 09/01/07
      #238243 - 04/03/08 08:57 PM

Gary.I started taking mine for a while about 4pm. I stopped that after a few weeks. It made me drunk and stupid (more so than normal (((:). The Sustive effects just did me in for the rest of the evening so I went back to nighttime. I concur with Esmeralda...get a 7 day pill box. My Atripla is the only med I put in it so I never forget one. I check it everynight before I go to bed to make sure that day is empty AND only fill it up every Sunday for the week. We tend to get that CRS (can't remember s**t) as we get older so little reminders will help.
How did you make out with this.
Take care, your bud, Bernie

whocanfigure
Guru

#238244 - 04/03/08 08:59 PM

Hey D..sorry I called you Esmeralda in my first post to Gary...forgive me please..its the CRS...or not paying attention.
(((: Bernie

August69
All Star

Reged: 03/22/08
      #238246 - 04/04/08 02:34 AM

I found Atripla gave me Insomnia. Do you usually have any side effects from Atripla?

Florida69
Legend

#238251 - 04/04/08 09:11 AM

No worries there Bernie, although Esmeralda and I have had our moments, it appears we have managed to make peace. I am happy with that, so I will say that I am flattered, as she is a very strong intelligent woman and deserves much respect for helping in this forum. I tend to like those strong intelligent survival type people. Anyway, no worries.. HUGS.. D

Choosing2Liv
Legend

#238253 - 04/04/08 11:12 AM

Thanks for all of the advice. I survived the work day AND the drive home.

You guys are right; I need to keep my meds separated from my vitamins and invest in a pill box, so WHEN I get old I won't forget to take my meds.

Thx a bunch,
Gary

whocanfigure
Guru

#238273 - 04/04/08 10:32 PM

Westernbear..the first few weeks to month or so it knocked me out, plus I had this "off balance" sensation when I got up at night to go to the bathroom, almost fell a few times. After a while that disappeared and I started getting insomnia..thus the prescription for Lunesta. What the heck, it reeked havoc on my t-cells and Vl..thats all that counts!!!
Bernie

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #238299 - 04/06/08 01:05 PM

Hi Gary
I hope everything worked out for you. I'm sure you lived through this to face another day.
There was a discussion of pill boxes in some thread a while back. I think everyone who has to take more than a couple of pills a day has one of those weekly organizers where you put out all your pills for the whole week. Other people have pill boxes that they transfer that days / evening meds to and it goes with them to work or to the restaurant or out to the clubs for a late night. If you refrain from taking pills from the medicine bottle and only use the pill box/ organizer....you wont have to worry about double dosing because if its empty .....you took it. On the other hand, I suppose one could forget entirely to take the pills. But you'd know that too since the pill box/organizer would contain the pills you were supposed to take.
I dont know if this helps you or not. How many pills do you take a day...including the vitamins and supplements?

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9066

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3