Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
keepingfaith
New User

Reged: 01/11/08
Atripla
      #236335 - 02/06/08 03:01 PM

I was wondering how long after starting Atripla does your viral loads come undetectable??? Mines currently are 62,270+ CD4 278.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
franfrog
Veteran

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
Re: Atripla new
      #236336 - 02/06/08 03:48 PM

Well I am not on Atripla but I can say that with any meds, it all sdepends on the person and their body. No one can say how long it will take for you to get anywhere. I know with me, when I started my meds, I had a vl off the charts and cd4 of 52. After 3 weeks of the meds my cd4 was in the 300's and vl was actually able to be recorded. As of now(almost 3 years) my cd4 is in the low 600's and vl has gotten to undetectable. I know of people who are on the same regiman as I am and are hovering at the same spot.

I think you have to have a positive outlook and I am keeping you in my thoughts!

Leonardo
Regular

Reged: 08/07/07
Loc: New Jersey
      #236340 - 02/06/08 05:35 PM

Hey Keepingfaith,

I am not on Atripla. I take Truvada, Reyataz, and Norvir. Like Franfrog wrote, everyone is different. When I started meds, my cd4 was 330 and my viral load was 58,000. Six months after starting meds, my cd4 is in the low 600s and my viral load is undetectable.

The medication works well, but I think there are some things you can do to help out. Make sure that you DO NOT miss doses. Try to eat well. Try not to worry. Also, I can't prove that this works but I believe that meditation is helpful (at least it is for me). If you aren't interested in meditation, at least remember to breathe. Exercise is also important.

You're going to be fine. I know it.

Leo

whocanfigure
Regular

Reged: 09/01/07
      #236356 - 02/07/08 12:33 AM

i started out at CD4 183 and VL 83,700. Four weeks on Atripla and I was CD4 303 and VL 54 (almost undetectable)...then 8 weeks later...CD4 312 and VL undetect. Now..one year later, still on Atripla...CD4 fluctuates..last one was 316 and still undetect!!!! YAYYYYY
Bernie

keepingfaith
New User

Reged: 01/11/08
      #236364 - 02/07/08 09:07 AM

I have been hearing alot of about crazy dreams, when a person is Atripla. How long does the dreams last?

RidATroll

Reged: 01/30/08
      #236370 - 02/07/08 11:19 AM

The dreams may never go totally away. If they cause panic attacks then I would suggest you talk it over with your ID doctor.

picaropsv

Reged: 01/05/08
Loc: Spain
      #236400 - 02/08/08 03:58 AM

Hey all!

Saw my MD yesterday and complained a little about the dreams and they said that they might not go away. Doesn't matter, it's better than having the sh*ts. Mine come from Sustiva (a part of the Atripla pill). I even find some therapeutic, dreamed the other night about my old boss, an intense and unpleasant dream, but woke up thinking "thank goodness that kind of thing only happens in dreams now", since I have changed work and have a lot less stress, something I think very important in my "recovery" from 11 CD4s (now at 84) and 450,000 viral load (now undetectable, after only three months of the meds!). A little bit of rash on my chest but its controlable with aloe vera gel. Pain in the butt is that he wants me to begin taking Septrim forte (a sulfuric antibiotic) to prevent pneumonia (what had put me in the hospital last June), hope that it doesn't loosen my bowels again as it did last year....In the end, have to consider it like being diabetic (I'm not), those with that ailment have to inject themselves regularly, I only have to take a couple of pills a day, and must say that I am feeling great (except for this silly head cold! But, hey, that's normal this time of year!)

--------------------
peace,
picaro.

dandt
New User

Reged: 03/08/08
Loc: dalton,ga
      #237608 - 03/17/08 10:49 PM

hey nice to meet you. Just scrolling thru the posts here and found yours. I remeber starting atripla last year in jan. myself. Yes the dreams and halucinations , for me at least were Very vivid. It was almost like an out of body experience for me. I am diabetic with injections also. I have to stay very much on top of the liver checks, as you probably well know by now from reading your post. Congrats on getting the Undect. Level after a few months. I went 6 months after starting and became Ud. VL and still hold strong and CD4's are rising now 499 from 248. I wish you luck and again congrats. The dreams come and go thou but they do get less and less at least for me. Only lasting thing is horrible gas.
guess i am full of crap. LOL

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5639

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3