Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Arron
Unregistered

READ. BE OPEN MINDED. AND SURVIVE
      #23427 - 10/16/01 08:04 AM

Because i believe everyone has a right to all information. And that i believe that scientists and doctors are human...and fallable. And because all information allows you to make informed choices about your life and health...good luck.

www.rethinkingaids.com

www.virusmyth.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
A thinker
Unregistered

Re: dissenting the dissenters new
      #23479 - 10/17/01 01:58 PM

I, too, questioned whether the established doctor-supported guidelines were of any use. I clearly remember the 80's when everyone who had the disease was horribly sick or was dying. I made sure to check the newspaper obituaries every day to see who I knew that had died. I knew these people were taking the antibiotics and antifungal medicines doctors had prescribed for them and they were still dying right and left.
Then, in about a 2 year period, I noticed that there were rare to no AIDS related obits in the newspaper. My friends w/ HIV were all looking better and some of them who had been bedridden and totally dependant on others for care (many of them had been sent home to die) were up on their feet and several of them are now back to work. I heard they were taking new medicines that had just come out and I was skeptical-very, very skeptical. I truley believed this was a hoax or a short term fluke so when my dearest friend in the world was diagnosed w/ HIV early last year I made it my goal to learn everything I could about modern medicines "miracle drugs" and I looked to the dissent movement for alternative truths and treatments.
After 8 months of in-depth reading of the internet, books, newspapers and interviews I came to the belief that the answers to positive treatment and a long term life are with doctors and the responsible use of the new antiviral medication.
The alternative dissent movement is just a bunch of baloney. Their studies are flawed, the so-called experts are not respected by their collegues and they cannot show a significant population of people who have HIV or AIDS who have benefited with a strong decrease in viral load AND wellbeing. Sure, there will be one or two, the placebo effect alone will cause a few people to feel better for a short while - the mind can convince you of almost anything for a little while - but there are not large numbers of people with sustainable improvement in their health - and they may say there is but they cannot pony-up the people to prove it. Their talk is just that - only talk.
With medicines, and doctors, people are getting well or not getting sick. It may not be easy, and some people do have a hard time with the drugs but in the end many more people are alive and are being helped with the antivirals that with the treatments from the dissent movement. After all my research I turn my back on the dissenters...And I believe that ALL THOSE dissenters with HIV will be on antiviral medication at some point. When you're facing death and someone offers you life almost everyone will take it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Dissenters Started Stonewall.. new
      #23531 - 10/18/01 05:18 PM

How soon we forget that it was the dissenting voice that started the Stonewall Riots. It was not the conservative gays that put up with police abuse for years. The aids dissenters are also not willing to put up with abuse and censorship. Call them what you want. But remember that queer culture would no be what it is today without them.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#23535 - 10/18/01 06:21 PM

Yeah and the AIDS epidemic in the US and Europe would not be where it is now without THE ANTI-HIV drugs. Be real!
There are some things to dissent against and some things that are pointless to protest! Clinical trials and the experience of massive numbers of people in the US, Europe, Australia, Canada and elsewhere have shown that LIVES can be extended, opportunistic infections avoided and quality of live improved with these new drugs. So continue "dissenting" but it's like those people who insist the world is flat --it shows so clearly your ignorance and blindness to the truth. I hope you are not infected! Cause your viewpoint will surely only hurt your own chances to live longer...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#23558 - 10/19/01 11:10 AM

I also think that hiv drugs have been a great advance and we are not sick or die anymore. But I also think that there are a few dogmatic doctors around who do not consider personal circumstances and are not ready to listen beyond their own convenience. We have severe side effects that should be consider as much as possible, to the point of taking a few treatment risks if they are affecting the patient´s general wellbeing. I have experienced that it is possible at times to have less cd4 (within reason) and gain in healthier appereance. It is only my opinion.

Alex T
Unregistered

#23638 - 10/21/01 04:08 PM

Your post is an example of non-dissent. And an attack on dissent. This attitude will not produce any movemnet in aids only complacency. The aisd drugs are not working for those who develope kidney failure and then require a kidney transplant. To them they are a miserable failure. So what is your stradegy to produce a cure after 20 years? Obviousley the present one has not done so. Just wondering?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#23639 - 10/21/01 04:12 PM

I guess your definition of "wellness" differs then mine. Drugs that make you feel sick are not and so-called "side effects" are not really doing good are they?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#23641 - 10/21/01 04:47 PM

you are surely right about the side effects...but you must compare it to the other options....I think you should wait as long as possible before starting treatment...and then to try to take drugs with the least side effects. The point is getting cd4 up and viral load down. there are lots of new studies about taking treatment breaks...I hope to take one soon with my doctors supervision

Kyle
Unregistered

#24403 - 11/09/01 01:40 AM

INHIBITORS OF HIV PROTEASE USELESS AGAINST AIDS
PI DESIGNER SAYS

David Rasnick earns his living as a designer of protease inhibitors, the
class of substances touted as the latest anti-AIDS miracle drug. Dr. Rasnick
agrees that these drugs do indeed block HIV protease, and thus stop HIV
replication. But he is sure that this action can have no effect on the
course of AIDS. Why? Because people diagnosed with AIDS are sick from a
variety of non-contagious factors, not HIV. Here he explains why.
http://www.polder.net/aids/data/drinhibit.htm

Michael, what long term studies can you show supporting your belief that the
new class of drugs significantly decrease morbidity and mortality that were
not stopped early? In fact, the manufacture

If it's not 'HIV' what is *killing millions* in Africa? READ HERE:

AIDS in AFRICA: http://www.polder.net/aids/data/chrfafrica2.htm
INDEX of ARTICLES: http://www.polder.net/aids/index/africa.htm

The OTHER SIDE of HAART
[Highly Active 'Antiretroviral' Treatment]
http://www.aras.ab.ca/haart.html

"CO-FACTORS as CO-CAUSES"
Dr. Roberto Giraldo, Mbeki's AIDS PANEL
http://www.robertogiraldo.com/eng/papers/CoFactorsCauseAIDS.html

PROPOSAL for the PHYSIOLOGICAL PATHOGENESIS of AIDS
http://www.robertogiraldo.com/eng/papers/TheCausesOfAids.html

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2247

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3