Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Craig
Unregistered

Talk Radio Rumors
      #2329 - 04/04/00 08:36 PM

Last night I was listening to a pre-recorded (11-20-98) broadcast of a radio talk-show program conducted by a man called Art Bell. I don't know what station(s) he's heard on but it appears to be a nationwide program. While I was waiting for an interview I had downloaded, I heard him talking to a person from Dallas,Texas. They had a brief, but serious discussion to the effect that when an AIDS vaccination shot becomes available, that that injection will become the "Mark of the Beast." This of course is a reference to Satan and on the surface is obviously ridiculous. However, such a rumor could take the form of acts of discrimination and violence against PWAs. I'd like to know if anyone else has heard this nonsense and how prevalent it might be.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
J.P.
Unregistered

Re: Talk Radio Rumors new
      #2331 - 04/04/00 08:37 PM

Sounds like the Psudo Christian right again. I haven't heard this but they have infuenced a lot and are contiueing to. A discussion thread called on a group called Heal discusses some possible "Right" influences. This is redicules and scarey as heck. Keep us posted and thanks for the warning.
Try to source out the show and write in to them. Our voices carry alot of weight.
People like this need to be confonted.

jp

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1361

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3