Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
TCUstudent

Reged: 10/17/07
Student wanting to learn from you
      #232588 - 10/17/07 04:44 PM

I am a nursing student who chose to do a presentation on HIV. If anyone has any free time to answer some questions, or just wants to help me understand your disease process more fully I would really appreciate it.
1) What kind of impact has your illness had on you/your family?
2) Describe the emotional rollercoaster you have been on from diagnosis until now.
3) What strategies/techniques have you used to cope with your chronic condition?
4) What are some stigmas you have encountered in your daily living with HIV?
5) What is the most meaningful and helpful care you have/are receiving in helping you survive and function daily.

Any input you would like to provide would be a HUGE help. I am very interested in working with HIV/AIDS patients and would like to have a better understanding of what you go through on a day to day basis. Your input can help me incorporate the best patient care possible for my patients! Thanks again so much!
KT

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: Student wanting to learn from you new
      #232604 - 10/17/07 08:33 PM

Dont take offense... But, all your questions can be found on this site by doing your research in the archives. I have some problems with students coming here and playing 20 questions to get an A on a paper. These are human lives at stake here living one day at a time with a very complex virus and so many other variables to overcome....

I hope you take the time to get that A. I wish you well.

Be a good nurse.. Study hard.. Remember, the first time you judge someone in your position, you have just lost the whole point of becoming what you intended to be...

Eric

Leonardo
Guru

Reged: 08/07/07
Loc: New Jersey
      #232607 - 10/17/07 08:51 PM

I wasn't sure if it was my place to say something. But since you asked about our feelings about being HIV positive, I will offer this.

My diagnosis was a shock, and my first feeling was one of being different from the rest of the world. Nothing anyone said helped. Then an online buddy mentioned this site. I came here and found it very comforting to be with other people who were in the same position, especially those who have been living with this condition for a while.

I offer you that "look insdie" in hopes that it will be enough information for you to complete your assignment and move on to the next destination on your List of References/Sources cited.

I'm not here to help you write your term paper, and having you analyzing our posts will likely have an adverse effect on this forum's ability to provide support for some very scared people who desperately need their privacy respected.

No offense, and only one man's opinion.

Leo

Leonardo
Guru

Reged: 08/07/07
Loc: New Jersey
      #232608 - 10/17/07 08:53 PM

P.S. - Until you leave, I hope you don't mind if I continue to wear my Spiderman costume... to protect my identity.

Spider-Leo

Edited by Leonardo (10/17/07 08:54 PM)

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #232614 - 10/17/07 09:54 PM

That outfit does not leave much for me to figure out there Leo!

Eric
(One who likes tighly wrapped packages with bows and stuff..)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2389

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3