Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Reged: 01/20/07
My dog died today
      #232475 - 10/15/07 08:04 PM

The vet told us Thursday that she had advanced cancer. We wanted some time with her. He came to the house tonight to put her down. It was out back, by the pond on the dock. She liked it out there. She passed as the sun was setting over the back mountain. I'm pretty sure she was good with that.

She was a good pup.

Think I won't bother to get my blood work done next week. Time should up the CDs that probably took a hit this weekend.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Leonardo
Regular

Reged: 08/07/07
Loc: New Jersey
Re: My dog died today new
      #232476 - 10/15/07 08:26 PM

Dear Esmerelda,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a 13 year old chocolate labrador in failing health. When his time comes, I really hope that I am able to make his passing as comfortable, gentle, and as utterly beautiful as you provided for your dog.

You should be proud of yourself for being such a great friend and owner. Try to focus on that. It will boost that CD4 count.

With Sympathy,

Leo

Survivor
Veteran

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #232481 - 10/15/07 10:36 PM

Es, I am truly sorry. There arnt any words to describe what I am feeling for you... I know that loss and I know I will go through that again and again and again. And yes, I have adopted another dog who is just as deserving as those little guys I have had to say goodbye to... Never gets easier, but I know me and Will are good parents just as you were to her.... Go ahead and mourn... But, please be a puppy parent again...

Hugs,

Eric

Jackie__Blue
Veteran

#232494 - 10/16/07 07:45 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. I know we did for her what she needed us to do. I guess the worst part really was the waiting. We knew all weekend what was going to have to happen on Monday....and yesterday was just so depressing.

So strange is bad things happen in 3 thing. My daughter's in-laws lost a dog 2 weeks ago and my brother's dog was bitten by a Copperhead...she did live and now our dog.

We still have a houseful of animals and my daughter is due with our first grandchild any day so it will be awhile before we think about adding a puppy. I imagine chasing that baby when he starts to crawl will keep us busy enough.

Somewhere in all this must be a lesson about life and death, ying and yang. Gives me something to dweal upon.

oldwoman
Regular

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
      #232498 - 10/16/07 12:49 PM

Esmerelda,I am so sorry to hear about your dog,It's so hard to lose a pet,My cat has cancer too so far no pain and able to get around OK but I know the day will come...

Congratulations on the upcoming grandchild,there is nothing better in life than grandkids.

Terry

Florida69
Veteran

Reged: 02/19/07
      #232502 - 10/16/07 01:32 PM

I am so sorry, I lost my very old cat in June, I understand the loss of a loved companion. The one thing in life that is constant is change, I know that doesn't make it any easier. She is in a better place, I am glad taht she went in her safest and most loved place. Take care sweetie, D

impoz

Reged: 10/12/07
Loc: Vegas Baby
      #232563 - 10/17/07 08:56 AM

I'm so sorry about your dog sounds like she or he had a good life hang in there

gray

Reged: 10/10/07
      #232572 - 10/17/07 10:44 AM

Hi Esmerelda -

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. What was her name?

I have two cats and the thought of losing either of them isn't something I can deal with. There are very few things that would send me into paroxysms of grief. Not even my diagnosis (two weeks tomorrow, wow seems like forever). But losing one of my boys, the thought is awful.

I'm glad she got to be in one of her favourite places when she left this life. And I'm sorry again. I hope your heart is a little better today.

Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Re: Rainbow Bridge new
      #232575 - 10/17/07 12:29 PM

A friend of ours dropped this off to us yesterday. I wanted to share it with you all.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of your speical friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His/her eye are intent. His/her eager body quivers, suddenly he/she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his/her legs carrying him/her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend(s) finally meet, you cling together in hoyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together

-- Author Unknown

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3448

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3