Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
dealin_wit_it

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: hong kong
directions??
      #230450 - 09/06/07 12:54 AM

greetings out there, as you can see, i'm a newbie. so that means this post will probably be very naive and boring for some of you, my apologies in advance. and i just realized that i'm already rambling. which i will stop now.

ok, so i tested poz in april '06 and this is the progress so far:
april '06: 11746 vl, 385 cd4
july '06: 5289 vl, 281 cd4
dec '06: 7520 vl, 328 cd4
feb '07: 9302 vl, 352 cd4
july '07: 7741vl, 209 cd4
which is all over the place. my doctor has recommended that with the last results i should start meds: combivir & kalitre. since testing poz, i have zero sex drive, zero ambition and starting to feel depressed. i am a heavy drinker and smoker, even before testing poz and my habits haven't changed. i'm an expat worker so i've moved to over 14 countries in the past 15 years. that means i have few friends to turn to and have not checked out a support group where i'm currently living. that's why i'm posting here.

prefessionally, i am not in such a bad situation...... for the time being. i've been a senior executive expat in asia with the same company for 12 years now, currently posted to hong kong. i have come out gay to them ages ago and have also informed a very select few of my poz status. they are understanding but also need to plan for my future as my future postings are limited due to visa restrictions for HIV pozers. i tried to look for work in another company but came to a wall when they asked for a full medical clearance for health insurance clearance.

questions:
1) how am i going to find work as a senior executive without letting them know my status. won't it look suspicious if i get my own insurance policy and tell them that i don't need theirs? or will i be forced to tell them, which means i won't get the job. yes, it's illegal to discriminate but everyone knows there are ways around that.
2) if i can't find work abroad, what do i do? pack up and return home to canada? and then what? how am i going to sustain my lifestyle?
3) combivir & kalitre? any ideas out there on how the side effects would impair my professional abilities? how does the booze mix with these?

that's it for now.... thanks allot for all the support, which i'm sure to provide once i've got some experince..

all the best.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1371

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3