Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Non-Progressor
      #2299 - 04/04/00 08:07 PM

I believe I'm a non-progressor. My lover was diagnosed w/
AIDS in '85. I was not tested until '87 and tested postive at that time w/ a t-cell count at 550 (i smoked back then). I have a viral load below 35,000 usually between 5,000 and 10,000 and my t-cells stay around 800. I have not been on anti-virals and have remained healthy. My dr says be happy about my health but not knowing if I fit the description nor how to contact others for info leaves me feeling alone and confused. How can I contact others for info/support etc? I purchased this computer as I hoped that if put in HIV non-progressor I'd get some hits. Anyone know of a support group for non-progressors? I would like to talk w/ others.
Omarco1017@aol.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
David
Unregistered

Re: Non-Progressor new
      #2300 - 04/04/00 08:08 PM

You are indeed a long term non-progressor (LTNP), defined as someone infected for at least ten years and with a CD4 count over 500.

I don't know of any support groups, but there are a number of medical studies that I am sure would like to include you. Contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention HIV/AIDS Hotline at 800-342-AIDS for more information and referrals.

Good luck.

David

Satish
Unregistered

#2301 - 04/04/00 08:09 PM

What is the relationship of smoking cigarettes with HIV disease progression? Wish someone would help me understand.

Thanks in advance

Satish

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2302 - 04/04/00 08:10 PM

Well, Your counts are good, rest assured.I am a Hemophiliac and was diagnosed + in '84. My counts were very similar to yours until about two years ago when they began to plummet. The main thing for you to do is to seriously try to eliminate stress. I can gaurantee that stress brought my counts down to where I finally had to take pills. Also...if you can keep your counts up, science may have an answer for us by the time you need treatment. RELAX! I mean it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2231

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3