Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
camper

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: campbell,texas
support for country folks
      #229694 - 08/21/07 10:28 AM

I have no support at all, family or friends, went to the aids place near here but make to much money to qualify for the group sessions, i make 2100.00 a month.with that i support a sister,and help parents. i really go thure depression keeping this all bottled in. what i would like to do is start a group of folks around here, close by, but looking for suggestions from others on how to do it. im not a computer whizz, and dont know how to get in contact with others with hiv in the area.i know its only a matter of time before the depression gets to be just to much, any suggestions from anyone? thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
Re: support for country folks new
      #229695 - 08/21/07 11:41 AM

I totally understand where you are coming from, it is difficult to support your family when it is sometimes you that needs the support. I am in the same boat as you, I make to much money for assistance and my drugs run me around $500/mo with insurance. I am grateful that I have insurance. Most of us HIV folks suffer from depression, but you are not alone. You should talk to you ID doctor about maybe referring you to a professional that may be able to help you. There are also so really great drugs that are out there that help deal with depression. Take care, guy. D

oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
      #229698 - 08/21/07 01:37 PM

It is so hard to go through this without support,did you check out the ASO finder here at the body?Go to the "connect" site and then click on "get help".It will help you find an ASO near you,hopefully one that doesn't have financial restrictions.
If not stick with us on the board,we are always willing to talk and share our experiences.I know it's not the same as "real" people but everybody here seems really nice and willing to help.
Take care

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #229711 - 08/21/07 08:13 PM

Camper, I have no support. I am a multi-millionair who works 90+ hours a week and they say I dont qualify to go to group... bla bla bla... Group is 4.5 hours away and 10,000 feet lower than me.... Grin :) Anyway, I find all the support I need through friends and family and on the internet. This site as well as a few others have grounded me and given me reason to live. I want to be a billionair someday and gosh dam it, Ill do it. I only have 40 more years to go before retirement at age 95..

Cheers and JESUS!! It is going to be ok... Talk to us sweetie...

Hugs,

Eric

camper

#229721 - 08/21/07 11:29 PM

hi, thank you for that, i really needed a smile :) unfortunately, i dont have a family that cares, and have never told any friends, but what the heck :) I may not ever get rich, but what the heck again lol,lol.

TRex
Master

Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: California, USA
      #229722 - 08/21/07 11:29 PM

I am with the rest of the gang. We are here for you. So maybe we aren't standing next to you but we are all in this together. Don't let your virus overtake you..you need to be in charge of it and your life. Its ok to feel depressed..but move on after that. A little bit of us can go a long way for support! I am here for you and I'm sure the others are too. ((: B.

camper

#229723 - 08/21/07 11:32 PM

thank you so much, am on meds, guess they just need more time to work lol, I guess when i wrote that i wasjust haveing a pity party lol,sorry about that, thanks again and good luck to you ::)

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #229724 - 08/21/07 11:57 PM

We call "those days, "hiv days"... They are ok to have.. But I only allow you to have one of those every so often... When you feel them coming on, stop going down that road... "What the fuck am I doing to myself?" This is not healthy and is absolutely not helping me in anyway. Worry, fear and of whats to come is all living in the future (side note, its impossible to live in the future yet people do and fail everytime)... Get out of that place and come back home to "the now". You will find that "now" is more comfortable, more rewarding and blissful to be no matter if your positive, negative, green or even a "Happy Camper".....

Just sayin,

Eric

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2735

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3