Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
MRoss

Reged: 02/10/07
Loc: PA. U.S.A.
vircoTYPE HIV-1
      #229375 - 08/12/07 05:13 PM

Hi folks.. hey wondering if you may give me some guidance with Geno / Pheno Tying. Had this test done, with vl < 100, one hundred copies ml. Wondering if anyone has had this specific test done? Any one familuar with the accuracy of test, and details relating to this specific test.. Specifically looking for accuracy with < 100 copies, and changing medications. Was previously on Viramune, Zerit, Epivir.. Med change last yr.. after Geno / Pheno testing done. Hyper senseative to Kelatra.. dr. changed cocktail to; Reyetaz, Viread, Norvir, and remain on Zerit. Want to get off the Zerit as directly linked to dystrophy. According to the report from last Geno / Pheno typing Resistant to Emtriva, Viramune, Sustiva. Seems as though one need to have exceptional interpertation skills. Ask questions and get me on the right path, please. Receintly changed Dr's. and with his permission stopped meds. (6wk period, and 6 wks to obtain the report) 12 wks total. Hope to build virus and obtain different report see and what med options are available.. The report I'm looking at is 1 yr. old. With cd4 500 > and lv. undetectable. We needed to stop meds, allow the virus to hopefully grow, and re-test Geno / Pheno typing, along with cd4, cbc, and other tests. Look forward to hearing from those with the knowledge. Ask away and I will respond to your questions and conserns... Thanks Mark

--------------------
M. Ross

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: vircoTYPE HIV-1 new
      #229421 - 08/13/07 10:29 PM

Mr. Ross. I would highly recomend you pose your question in ASK THE EXPERTS... These Doctors know their stuff and can lead you in a better direction than anyone. I shutter when I hear the Z word. I hope you can find a suitable replacement for it. Granted, Zerit has its place and is a very widely Px'd drug, but sometimes there is a better "mix".

Eric

MRoss

Reged: 02/10/07
Loc: PA. U.S.A.
      #229450 - 08/14/07 04:33 PM

Thank you so much for your suggestion, Greatly Appreciated!!
I have posted to the experts.. so will see what happens. I don't particularly care for the "Z" word either. Am working with new physician (actually a previous). I have great trust in him. And most importanly he takes, and makes the time for me as an individual, and most improtant: HE LISTENS!! I thank you for your kindness, Survivor :-)

--------------------
M. Ross

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #229452 - 08/14/07 05:52 PM

If I may be so bold, you might direct your question to Dr. Ben Young in Ask the Experts (meds section)... Read his Bio.. He happens to be my doctor and I trust him highly... Just google his name "Dr. Ben Young Denver".... He is on the cutting edge of meds and treatment stratagies... But I am biased :)

All my Best,

Eric

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2842

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3