Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
after a loooong hiatus, i decided to check in...
      #228961 - 07/27/07 12:32 PM

yes, i know it's been a very long time since i've been here. i guess i kinda went into a denial/fuck it type mode & decided to just go about my business. "business as normal" i've been taking Atripla faithfully, seeing my doctor, started my hep vaccines etc. i had one blip back last year where my VL jumped to 471, CD4 was in the 400's also, % was around 45%. as of my last labs, my CD4 was 570, VL undetectable & % was 51%. my weight did drop down to 114lbs, but i've managed to gain that back & i'm at 131lbs as of yesterday. so i've been doin pretty freakin awesome. nothin really to complain about... except, a rash. it started sunday night around my ankles. i figured i had walked thru some grass that had been treated... but it has gradulayy pread to, well, pretty much everywhere. it's not blistering, it's mildly itchy. the contributing factors that my doctor & i are guessing at this point are, i ate some chinese food on saturday & monday that contained MSG, which i know i'm allergic to, saturday night i was out being a rockstar & had a few shots of Jagermeister, which contains traces of opiates-also allergic to, and some califonia rolls on tuesday that had shellfish-yea, allergic to that too. i did change my bathsoap & laundry soap. seems that i am subconciously trying to take myself out of the game at this point, huh??! when i went to see the ID on thursday (reg ID on vacation so i saw another dr in the same practice) he prescribed me methylprednisolone. which, according to the warnings, people who are HIV+ should NOT take this medication. i called the dr office before taking it & they advised me not to take any of it until they could speak with theprescribing dr as to why he prescribed this to me, knowing my + status. i guess my question, has anyone else experiences a rash like this that may be HIV related?? i know i have a very good reason to believe it was the MSG, shellfish & Jager.... but i would have thought that the rash would have cleared up by now, not gotten worse. benadryl helps, a little bit. but nothing that seems to be "curing" it. could it be that due to my HIV status that it's just taking my body longer to rid itself of the triple whammy i hit it with all at once??

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
Re: after a loooong hiatus, i decided to check in. new
      #228966 - 07/27/07 06:23 PM

I get a rash n my legs too,it's very annoying but not painful and very itchy.I was told to only use very mild soaps like Dove and moisturize with Eucerin Cream.It works pretty good.Hope this helps you too.

still_here
Guardian

#228967 - 07/27/07 06:42 PM

but it's not just my legs... it's everywhere. very bumpy, not blisters. looks like sunburn. and doesn't really itch all the much. just a teeny bit.. unless i get sweaty. and living in South Florida, sweaty is gonna happen! LOL!

oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
      #228970 - 07/27/07 07:55 PM

I remember before I was diagnosed I had a rash all over,my dr sent me to a dermatologist but nobody knew what it was,just red and a little bumps all over.It itched like crazy and I couldn't keep from scratching even in my sleep.It was awful I never did find out what it was.
I hope you find something to help,maybe it was what you ate and will clear up soon on its own
good luck
terry

I love your avator!

still_here
Guardian

#228971 - 07/27/07 08:03 PM

geez.. you'd think after being poz all these years i wouldn't get symptoms now. LOL!!

sunflower
Grand Master

Reged: 08/31/06
Loc: AK
      #228978 - 07/28/07 01:20 AM

Great to hear your numbers have come back up and that you've gained some weight! I sometimes get a rash when I am stressed or a certain pollen is in the air - comes and goes. Hope yours goes away soon. Take good care.
Lor

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: after a loooong hiatus, i decided to check in... new
      #228979 - 07/28/07 09:34 AM

HF....Hi. Nice to know that you are alive and well and have great numbers. I think you answered your own question: "benadryl helps, a little bit. but nothing that seems to be "curing" it. could it be that due to my HIV status that it's just taking my body longer to rid itself of the triple whammy i hit it with all at once?? " but this is just speculation. You know your body better than we do...and discussing things with a qualified medical professional is always good.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

still_here
Guardian

#228981 - 07/28/07 09:59 AM

HI BEAR!!! alive, well & kickin ass!! i hope you're doing well (as well as everyone else)

is anyone who isn't HIV+ really "qualified" to know what we're going thru?? LOL! it's like explaining PMS to a man, or a kick in the groin to a woman.. hehehe! the ID just kinda looked at it puzzled. no swollen lymph nodes, no fever, not all that itchy, no blistering... kinda just got a "hhhmmmmmmm" from him. although, he was enjoying me standing there in just underwear as he turned me all around loking everywhere at this rash. LMAO!! hope i made his day! hahaha. yes, i know he's a doctor - blah blah blah. he did call back to tell me that the script he gave me was fine, i just can't take it for more than 8 days. i've decided to wait til sunday to see if it'll just go away, or start to diminish on it's own. as of this morning, it seems to just be on my legs. everywhere else has cleared up. it honestly looks like measles, but the absence of fever, fatigue, headache, etc... keeps that possibility nil. the "undefined relationship" i'm currently in - (was the boyfriend, then we broke up in January, but continue to see eachother everyday since) - has no rash, no fever no nothing. i would think if it were anything contagious he would have certainly caught it by now sleeping with me every night in the same bed since i devolped this mystery. guess we can chock this up to one of those funny little HIV quirks.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #229006 - 07/30/07 11:04 AM

Dear HF...
Thanks for asking....I am ok. My physical aches and pains are probably not from HIV, so I just tell myself to shut up and take more Ibuprophen. So how is your rash today?? the 30th
Hope its gone. Sounded as tho it was on its way out from what you said. Dont forget.....factor in the aging process too...as we age we do not heal as quickly...although I dont remember how old you are.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

still_here
Guardian

#229012 - 07/30/07 03:12 PM

well after my Rockstar weekend, i feel lik ei'm 235 years old... but i'm only 35! LOL!! the rash, well, i threw caution to the wind and drank some Jager. wasn't the best decision. the rash, which was fading, came back full force all over my legs. suffice it to say, i'm thinking it's an allergic reaction. LOL! ya think??!! i was nosing around the internet though & googled "AIDS rash" and founf some pretty interesting things. one report said that a rash developed in some patients when their CD4's started to climb. also made mention of sun exposure... which i have become a sun goddess. i didn't realize that HIV makes you photosensitive as well as the Atripla. i'm a hot mess over here!! sun exposure, shellfish, MSG, Jager, Lanolin, new detergent. WTF is wrong with me??!! i'm still a littlehesitant to take the steroids that were prescribed... i go in for my labs on 8/6. i'm gonna try to hang in there & see if it'll just go away on it's own. if not, maybe i can get someone to take a peek at it while i'm there.

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #229028 - 07/31/07 10:24 AM

I could give up shellfish..MSG...Jager but NEVER the sun!! I need to move to a place where it's warm and sunny 365. If I remember you're from FL? Must be HOT! I'm jealous!!!!

still_here
Guardian

#229034 - 07/31/07 12:12 PM

MIAMI, BABY!!! it's blazing hot!! i can only take about 45 minutes in the sun before i have to go inside. i think i've dodged the heatstroke ball about 9 zillion times! LOL! ooooo what pretty colors! LOL!

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #229039 - 07/31/07 03:56 PM

So jealous!!! Lucky bratt!!! LOL

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #229104 - 08/03/07 09:21 AM

still_here
Guardian

#229160 - 08/06/07 07:07 PM

grace you with my presense?? i wasn't aware you were gatekeeper here. MY HIV status is MY F'N business. what and who I choose to tell is MY business. i am so sorry i took a break from wallowing in my own self pity & decided to live my life. I'm sorry i am going thru the normal emotional rollercoaster that i believe all of us who are newly diagnosed go thru. when i asked you to not post anything on my myspace, it's because not everyone on there needs to know MY medical condition. how you choose to educate & help OUR community is your choice. if i'm not mistaken, you had your myspace profile set to private...

how DARE you stand in judgement of me??! how DARE you ASSUME that i don't do anything to educate people. YOU DON'T KNOW ME! i don't need to get on my soapbox and preach & rant & rave to get my point across.

additionally.... if you wanna get on here & start airing dirty laundry & throwing stones... we can go there. i didn't throw away a "friendship" I decided i needed to live my life. I needed to STOP feeling sorry for myself, I needed to be with friends. i am NOT going to let HIV win, I am NOT going to make my life all about HIV... because it's not.

fake people, genuine people.... what the hell do you know about what's real or not?? i am a person you met here. i don't now you. i know you via email & messages. so what exactly did i throw away? some "sleepless in seattle" fantasy you might have had about a "relationship" you imagined??! come one now... before you go throwing stones, i suggest you move outta that glass house you're living in. i'm sorry things are the way they are for you. i'm sorry it's not what you imagined. i'm sorry for whatever it is that's got your panties in a wad. i'm busy living my life. but don't you DARE for one second ever think that i am ashamed of my HIV status, because i am NOT. i'm just not making my life about havin people feel sorry for me. for the 1st time in my life i feel strong, aware, educated & healthy. DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!

another thing, when you can walk on water, why don't you preach to me about MY faith, and MY relationship with God. until that time... i suggest you shut that hole in your face.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6537

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3