HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
30Years

Reged: 04/17/07
Loc: Washington, DC
Let's Live...30Years Introduction
      #226660 - 04/17/07 11:08 PM

Hello Everyone:

I have a story to tell. I am a Hemophiliac who was diagnosed with HIV through a blood transfusion at age 7. I am now 33. I am blessed but I have found it hard to find someone who is HIV positive. The hard part is finding someone to open up.

That has been the most difficult part of life. I have now just said forget the difficulties and begun to live. Anyone care to join me!!!!

Let's live people!!!! We're here for a reason!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
James1941
All Star

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: Let's Live...30Years Introduction new
      #226665 - 04/18/07 08:33 AM

G'day mate,

I was, and still am, 50:50 about responding to your post.

50% says answer because you are having difficulty finding other HIV+'s. Well, now you found TheBody and the most of us here are HIV+ and we try to support each other. Others have given me a lot of good advice which is really appreciated. Sure, you are going to get a few students (help them if you feel like it) and a few idiots/denialists/dickheads (such as DL1000 [who seems to have f#$%ke-off]) you soon identify and ignore them.

The other 50% says no! You are 33, I am lot older than that but you got to put some horrible f*&^king 'life-inspiring' cliche at the end of your post. I DO. NOT. NEED. IT.

James

30Years

Reged: 04/17/07
Loc: Washington, DC
      #226666 - 04/18/07 09:52 AM

You're right...I have run in to many psycho people...

I think as a Hemophiliac we face the issue of of two diseases. No given that none of us "asked" for this disease, I strongly feel that Hemophiliacs got lost in translation when discussing HIV/AIDS. I was not participating in any at risk behavior, I was taking medication to help my disease. Am I pissed, yes. that feeling will never go away, but living life is the hardest.

One story, my father spent 31 years in the military. When he was informed that both his sons were HIV+ (I was 7; and my bother was 15), the militart refused to cover our insurance. The the stigma...Ryan White and Ricky Ray send help.

James1941
All Star

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Victoria, Australia
      #226698 - 04/19/07 08:49 AM

G'day mate,

Again, I am 50:50 about replying. Why? Because you are so fucking negative. Let's go through your post point by point:

1: I think the correct spelling is HeAmophiliac - if you can't spell it have you really got it?
2: I don't understand the connection between heamophilia and HIV - you say you got both - what is the connection?
3: "when discussing HIV/AIDS" - fuck a duck mate - you either discuss HIV or discuss AIDS - they are NOT the same!!!!!! HIV to AIDS is similar to colds and flu - colds may or may not become flue - HIV may or may not become AIDS. You can continue to live and work with a cold, flue will put you to bed for a few days - HIV is a minor inconvenience - AIDS wil NOT put you to bed for a few days, it will put the wooden overcoat on.
4: "You were not participating in any at risk behaviour". Shit a double fucking brick mate, you got it? You WERE participating in at risk behaviour.
5: So, you are pissed. Who gives a shit? Ok, got me there, I suppose I do (a little bit) otherwise I not reply. Way I see it, there is good news and bad news in every event in our lives, I prefer to concentrate on the GOOD news. Sure, the bad news is that I am HIV+, the good news is that I remember both sheilas (females) and exactly what happened with both of them, fuck, I enjoyed myself at the time.
6: "but living life is the hardest"??????????????? Then go and crawl under a stone and die - make it easy.
7: "the military refused to cover (your) insurance" and "the stigma" both threads are connected. For 100's of years the 'church' (whatever dogma) have preached against homosexuals. HIV is a 'homosexual" disease!!!!!! The 'military' is a MAN'S army = no homosexuals = no insurance fo a homosexual disease. Is ALL bullshit. In most churches, the priests are 'men' dressed in a woman's dress. Some churche's say that the priest must be abstinent (cannot have sex with women) so what do those priests do? Go and have sex with children. For me, there is no STIGMA, happens I got HIV from 1 of 2 (maybe both) females - even if I got it from male, that my choice. Anyone want to judge me, they got to judge themselves first. I think I come out at least even, if not in front.
8: Who the hell are 'Ryan White and Ricky Ray' and what help they going to send you?

James

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #226701 - 04/19/07 11:04 AM

James,

you know I love you buddy, but after reading this post I feel you are really "jumping down someones throat" who dont deserve it. Whats up with you? Why are you doing that. So he has put some positive (as you put) "cliche" at the end of his post. Big fuckn deal. thats what HE is feeling. I put it at the end of mine, why have you not BIT my head off for it!

AND James, he has lived with HEMOPHELIA all his life, dont you think he would be spelling it correctly. (he is by the way)!

Whats the matter with you people??? Yes, his "stigmatism" with hiv is MUCH different than ours. Do you think YOU were upset when you were diagnosed?, and this was something WE BROUGHT ON OURSELVES....IT WAS SOMETHING WE ACQUIRED.... it was NOT something a doctor handed to us and said "here this will make you better.....-- oops, wrong blood, I just gave you something that MAY kill you".

Stop it james..... your sounding like a real JERK!

EVERY ONE of us has a right in life to express ourselves freely and openly. and I didnt hear him being JUDGEMENTAL of you, but you on the other hand were OUTRIGHT rude. Of all the STUPID things we sit here and complain about and get love from all sides.....why the FU*k is it that you give him such s*** for even slightly sounding negative (course thats the way it sounded to you)... TO ME it just sounds like he was handed a BUM deal at fukn 5 and is trying to deal with it AFTER 25 YRS OF BEING STUCK WITH WHAT "WE" all deal with as ignorance for a disesase WE brought on ourselves!!

I am so freakin disgusted. Your right people, what the heck happened to this site!!

kolo
Regular

Reged: 03/16/07
      #226702 - 04/19/07 11:07 AM

totally agree with you Debbie

debtex
Legend

#226704 - 04/19/07 11:25 AM

Now I get it james. I'm sorry, you really ARE an ignorant FUCK! if you dont know something about a certain disease I suggest you explore it BEFORE you are so cruel and harse!

you dont know what hemophilicas have dealt with do you? people with hemophilia lack something in there blood called *Factor VIII" and they have to be "injected" (mind you, medicine that is given to them from doctors) with another persons *Factor VIII. They get this part of someone blood by "taking it out and separating" the factor VIII from them and then inject that part of it into a hemopheliac. and unfortunately for MANY MANY YEARS people have become infected with hiv for this reason.

How dare you to assume that EVERYONE who has hiv has gotten it by something THEY did to get it. Sure, you know what ALOT of people did -- They trusted the hospital that was giving them blood to save their lives....... and this blood had hiv in it! I know people just like him who have been infected since TWO years old. How the FUCK do you think a two year old did that to themselves.

I dont know HOW it is that you can be so grown up, and yet SO frigin ignorant.

I just find it hard to believe that in this day in age of hiv, no matter WHERE you live..... to the o riginal poster in this-- I am very sorry for this worlds cruely. James, I dont see why you cant understand his bitterness.

risk behavior?? you're such a dickhead!! go educate yourself.

debtex
Legend

#226705 - 04/19/07 11:29 AM

AND as for your number "five" comment.

that is YOUR risky behaviour that got you into this mess. Wonder how a five year old "enjoys" getting his disease huh!!

Sorry james, you know I never did understand some of your comments much..... but you are an ASShole! who dont know SHIT. Dont know how you made it this far with hiv.

You sound like "everyone" who has hiv has BROUGHT it on themselves. and if you believe that statement..... you really do "deserve" it! (and no one deserves it).

you really ruined my fuckin day!

debtex
Legend

#226707 - 04/19/07 11:35 AM

AND BELIEVE ME BUDDY, IN THIS POST, YOU HAVE NO FUCKIN IDEA HOW FAR BEHIND YOU ARE IN THE EDUCATED WORLD OF HIV!!

YA MORON!
You're right, his insurance wouldnt cover the hiv!! and you sound like "too fuckin bad, wouldn't cover it for me either".
so a CHILD who has always had health insurance--gets hiv because of their doctor AND NOW cannot get life saving medication when it was OF NO FAULT OF HIS OR HIS FAMILIES! James, you have NO idea the amount of HATE you reminded me lives in this world. and THIS coming from a man who LIVES with this disease!!

I knew there was STUPID people who lives 25 yrs later, thinking "if you have it, you did SOMETHING to deserve it", but I figured someone with hiv would know better by now. or atleast thought THEY SHOULD!

You have me riding your ass today huh!! everytime I read more of your post I am fuckin sick!

debtex
Legend

hey 30YRS new
      #226710 - 04/19/07 12:15 PM

I sent you a PM yesterday.

Hope all is well with you. 'm sorry for the EXPLOSION. I just cant stand ignorance. You know what.....I take that back, there are ALOT of people who dont know about everything, but people who ACT like they KNOW something and then open their mouths and sound STUPID I can't stand.

I hope all is well with you. Read my PM and get back to me.

your a good kid. dont listen to the man from the land down under. didnt' realize he was just a dumb old fart.

love and prayers, (my cliche) (: *smile

Debbie

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4146

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3