HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
Jon Kaiser
      #223936 - 01/29/07 04:08 PM

Let me be blunt, poppets. If you want to waste ungodly sums of money on Jon Kaiser's books, vitamins, and herbs, be my guest. I was a patient of the good doctor and his crony Marcus Conant in the 90's. I was double billed for services, procedures were up coded (a blood draw for labs included an office visit, for instance), and called in for unnecessary visits and tests.

Kaiser had me crapping into french fry carriers for months and Fedexing the samples to a lab in West Virginia and then presecribing Flagyl and walnut shells for parasites.

CMS withdrew his permission to see Medicare patients in the 90's and I complained to several agencies about his fraudulent billing practices.

Vitamins and herbs do very little to combat the virus. If you have little money, you can get as good a result from a few days at the Russian River as from any witch's potion peddled by Kaiser.

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: Jon Kaiser new
      #223950 - 01/30/07 10:36 AM

Scot
How are you? Its good to see you posting. I too feel that far too many people are just out to make money off of those of us who are HIV positive. Its hard to separate the good from the bad.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #223951 - 01/30/07 10:51 AM

Not bad, neuropathy is driving me to distraction, have developed diverticulitis and chronic piles, but these are old guy's diseases not AIDS. Work is good although I am fighting AIDS and sexual preference discrimination on several fronts, which is tiresome.

Gad, I sound an old grump. Good news, no hospitalizations in 2006!!

How are you, Bear?

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #223956 - 01/30/07 01:57 PM

Scot
I am fine. We have been through a very upsetting time with the death of our friend Jim. Kurt and I are the ones dealing with his "things", his possessions. Its not quite over yet.
And, good news, my doctor agreed to facilitate my participation in the Elite Controllers study in Boston. (BY that I mean blood draws).
I feel old and tired some days and some days I am fine.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1792

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3