Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whats the hardest part of living with a virus?
      #218983 - 12/18/06 09:22 PM

Hello all, I was just wondering what the hardest part of living with a virus is?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Whats the hardest part of living with a virus? new
      #219132 - 12/19/06 10:17 AM

I would say the hardest part of living with the HIV virus is the stigma OTHER people put on it. Most of the HIVers on here have horror stories of being treated badly by either family, co workers or friends.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219133 - 12/19/06 10:17 AM

I would say the hardest part of living with the HIV virus is the stigma OTHER people put on it. Most of the HIVers on here have horror stories of being treated badly by either family, co workers or friends.

alive2
Unregistered

#219136 - 12/19/06 10:41 AM

that all depends on many cercumstances,your present health,the medications you are on or will get on,and any side effects from the medications if you do get them.and the ability to control them enough to do whatever it is you do.many other factors,like exercise,maintaning a good healthy appetitie and vitamins,for any foods you ingest that dont provide essential vitamins to maintanit health.hope this helps and not confuse,but there are many contributing factors to an up or down cycle with any virus,not just hiv,but hiv is a different class all of its own,which we also have different reactions to any virus,everyone responds differently,thats why a good rappor with your doctor is essential for maxim results

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219144 - 12/19/06 12:03 PM

I would say for me the hardest part of living with virus's is the way people treat you - its really not easy, especially the fact that no one asked for the virus - maybe the ones who new before hand that there partner has it, is prepared but for people like me, it was a shock and surprise. Lets all pray for eachother

Since4Ever
New User

Reged: 12/17/06
Loc: Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
      #219146 - 12/19/06 12:15 PM

I'm four-square behind us all praying for each other. I have a question about how we feel about living with a virus that's a little more specific, so I think I'll post it separately.

Watch for it!

--------------------
Cheers,
Since4Ever

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219183 - 12/19/06 07:31 PM

to me...not knowing what is next. not knowing if you are making the right medicine choices, doctor choices, to take herbal supplements or not and wondering how and when the disease is going to attack. just NOT having control 100% drives me crazy.
while i know that worrying is not going to make it better, and can surely swear to you and anyone that you MUST live your life to the fullest, there is always that subtle hint of anxiety that creeps up on you in the middle of one of those sleepless nights

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219291 - 12/20/06 03:31 PM

Reading other peoples comments I would agree on the 'stigma' part, actually telling others about it (need-to-know-basis') making time for the doctor and not being able to eat 2hrs before or after I take my med's. So that means I go to bed hungry (sometimes) But I eat like a horse throughout the day and still weigh around 150'ish. As for the praying part...we need to be praying for a lot more than just this. So pray continuosly

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219365 - 12/21/06 05:00 AM

I find it's alot like living next door to the noisy neighbor I never see but who is constantly irritating me. On cold mornings, he revs his engine to warm it, waking me from my slumber; he plays his music too loudly, his tv too; he bangs his cupboards, bumps into walls, gets drunk and drops a dish; wears his cowboy boots around like slippers; he throws his garbage full of empty bottles into the dumpster making a tremendous crash; he argues with his girlfriend too loudly then makes love to her just as strenuously on the other side of my bedroom wall; he throws parties and his friends leave bottles on my windowsill, or on my doorstep; his angry dog craps in my yard and my neighbor leaves it there for me to pick up. And beneath all of his actions and insensitivities, there is the ever present impression of hostility toward me, the thinly veiled threat of violence, and a fear that the slightest misstep on my part might accelerate my path to the morgue.

Even though I've never seen the guy, signs of him are everywhere, and I cannot get him out of my mind. At work, I'll find my mind wandering back to him or stewing over some real or perceived injury that his very proximity engenders in me. What I would give for him to move away, or for me to be able to move away, if only I had the ability to do so.

My virus is the annoying neighbor who just won't leave me alone.

Btw, yours was a profoundly dumb question. Without giving a proper context for why you ask it (e.g., "I was recently diagnosed and I wonder...", or "My boyfriend seems moody all the time, and so I was wondering..."), it sounds brain-numbingly banal, and it leaves the reader wondering what insight it is you are after. Are you gathering thoughts for a high school paper?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219454 - 12/21/06 08:34 PM

DATING!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219680 - 12/23/06 10:17 PM

Thank you, in repsonce to the question as to why I posted this. its not for a school paper - I wanted to know how others feel about there virus. I felt like this question might be a good one becasue everyone thinks differently

Anonymous
Unregistered

#219879 - 12/25/06 09:39 PM

Isolating. Seeing oneself as the disease and not all the other amazing things one is - smart, funny...Seeking support and/or support groups recently helped me. Tapping into one's strength and intuitive knowledge to live well regardless of the pain one might feel surrounding HIV/AIDS.

ScotCharles
Veteran

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #219967 - 12/26/06 04:06 PM

They never do the dishes, or take out the trash; and, they leave smelly socks on the furniture.

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#220709 - 01/04/07 04:38 AM

So far the hardest part of living with HIV virus is the treatment.And the fact I can't do alot of the things I use to.I had to give my job of 18 yrs up.Theres alot of tough parts of having a virus.

RevAnn
Regular

Reged: 08/17/06
Loc: fort myers, florida
      #221115 - 01/09/07 01:44 AM

For me, the hardest part is those hiviers that are bitterly unhappy and need others to be bitterly unhappy with them. I have been poz for 26 years now. The "stigma" doesn't get to me, because I understand that some people are just idiots and there is no help for them.
It is an ugly thing to see someone reaching up for you to drag you down, so do what I do...step on their hand and walk away. Sound harsh? Sound mean? It's meant to, because if you let someone pull you down, it is ten times hard to get up again.
The virus is easy to live with- people aren't

--------------------
Namu-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10790

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3