Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

what are my chances????????
      #217501 - 12/07/06 10:04 PM

hello everyone i just found out that i am hiv positive about two months ago. i just recieved my first set of lab results today. i just need to know what some of yall think. i am 28 years old work out 4 times a week, eat some-what healthy this part scares me viral load of 9558 and cd4 of 249 - 12% please if any experts out there help me

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
livingpos

Reged: 11/23/06
Re: what are my chances???????? new
      #217544 - 12/08/06 04:53 AM

Hi, i am sure you are dealing with a lot of uncertainty at the moment. Be strong it does get better, hang in there.

If your doctor was not able to interpret your tests results for you, there are experts at thebody.com who can. I suggest you send your message to one of the doctors for expert advice.

Based on the information provided at thebody.com as a general guideline a cd4 count below 350 warrants attention, you should talk to a doctor about starting medication. The viral load is not high by any means but the percentage suggests the same response as the cd count, talk to a doctor.

What are the chances? Under the supervision of a doctor, medication is extremely effective. The chances are excellent.

all the best

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #217574 - 12/08/06 10:41 AM

Your CD4 will greatly improve with time and the meds. Make sure you have a complete liver panel and amylase levels done with each blood test so that your doctors can monitor the effect of the drugs on your system. You should also be aware of any auto-immune symptoms such as low platelet count or joint pain as there is increasing evidence of a recovered immune system response syndrome.

Your HIV doctor is now a partner in your care, ask lots of questions, you will have to educate her as much as yourself, now.

Happy Crhistmas,

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#217577 - 12/08/06 10:50 AM

My opinion is that your going to have to start taking the meds. Your "numbers" will improve once you start the meds.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#217684 - 12/08/06 09:43 PM

thanks man im just so sad because i was fine with being hiv+ but my MD told me i had AIDS i dont know if its the word that scares me but i have never been sick i run 2 miles everyday im just so scare. im glad that your doing good PLEASE keep me posted thanks for the support javier

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #217780 - 12/10/06 05:38 AM

relax, your going to have low numbers at first but your a heathy eater and active with your routine of activity,so your already on the right path.once you start medication your numbers will rebound.you say that you havent been ill,thats a good thing,and try and do all the health things you can and continue to try and maintain all the same things your doing on the level you are and you will be ok,my numbers were comprable to your at first,then mine shot up over 5oo,and undetectable,23%, so you can see there is a period of change,as long as you adhere to your meds,and listen to your doc and make sound and wise choices about alcohol and drugs,you will be fine,as for the being ok with being hiv + theres a plus if you know what i mean,you wont hve the worry that many have at first diagnosis,and thats important,not to have worry and stress because that alone could contribute to lowering of your numbers.remain upbeat as much as possible,you will be fine soon,knowledge is a tool for you now,read and educate yourself on the medications and other treatments,good luck,take care

survivor4me

Reged: 06/09/06
      #218216 - 12/13/06 02:28 PM

HEY, only diagnosed in June. Email me privately if you want. I can always use a bud.

I was cd 274 and VL of 89K in July, now approx cd 472 with VL of 89.

However lots of rashes, kidney stones, fevers, chills, etc..

atkleinendo

Reged: 03/05/07
Loc: Minnesota
      #225658 - 03/05/07 11:19 PM

Yeah, you're going to be just fine. Newly infected people have a window period when their cd4 counts lower considerably, and their viral loads spike. My first set of counts gave me a cd4 count of 109, and a viral load of 600,000. Since then it has increased to 276, and lowered to 324,000

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3439

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3