Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dating when HIV +ve
      #215754 - 11/24/06 08:06 PM

I have decided to only date hiv poz people because of the rejection I have encountered since I started dating again. I am a female and have been diagnosed for 1 year. Please provide me with suggestions of which websites I can go to in order to meet men in the same boat as me who also want to date (heterosexual). I would like to meet men between the ages of 27 and 36, I am 26 years old, not on meds and just trying to live positively and enjoy life! I'm African but live and work in the USA (Washington DC). I have a good job, lots of friends, but need someone in the same boat as me to hang out, date. My friends and co-workers think I'm the happiest person they know, I travel, go out, shop a lot, but at the end of the day, closed up in my apartment I actually feel lonely. I have dated 2 negative men in a row, I disclosed from the get go and initially they both didnt have problems with it, but as time went on, things were just strained. I still get asked out on dates by negative men but I've now reached a point were i cant do the disclosure thing anymore ( too painful) and a few months later I'm back to where I started from (like dejavu).

This has just turned out to be a long post, just wanted ideas on where to find +ve respectable good men...I guess I got carried away. Anyway, I'll just put my email address for those that might want to share experiences privately through email. Its afribabe123@yahoo.com

I have come to terms with my condition and am managing pretty well, i guess i just need to share certain things with people who really understand.

Take care everyone!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
iamcomfy
Unregistered

Re: Dating when HIV +ve new
      #216275 - 11/29/06 04:46 PM

Try Poz.com. They have a personal section.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Dating when HIV +ve new
      #219782 - 12/25/06 12:04 AM

It gives me great comfort to know that i am not strange afterall for thinking like i do. I believe i'd be betterof with a poz partner. I am male, and have decided to date only poz female with whom i have lots in common to share.
Thanks for making me love myself again and take care.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1486

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3