Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
the ryan white care act,being revised,the worst
      #208678 - 09/26/06 01:21 PM

i ask that everyone of us that are here and everyone we know write any and everyone in government to make sure the new bill thats being put up wont pass,it will deprive all people with hiv/aids to lose alot of what we are getting now.the doc i used to have at my aso is already 1 casualty i know of and it wont stop there.
i understand there will be cuts across the nation starting with ny,over 45 million cut,not a way to help us here,if it passes then i expect the next state may be one of yours.
i know this may seem a bit selfish but, please hear me out.our country is the biggest giver to countries for this endeavor to hinder the advance of this disease,but when some of the countries dont give what we sent to the people who need it,i say dont give anymore,with respect to the people who are in control of this dission,they are wrong for not administering the appropriate measures to ensure the right people get the help we send.
this being said i think if we stop sending it,and provide to our people more and not waste what we have we will do much better.i ask doesnt charity begin at home?well our home should come first after all its the tax dollars of our citizens thats being squandered for nothing.i feel by the time the new people can get in offices where it count overseas it will render the drugs we send them useless,meaning we lost what could have been used here,without doubt in my mindd im sure some if not more may agree with me.im not bashing the other people in the countries but the governments they have no control over,and its making it wastfull to keep on giving if its not doing any good for the people who need the help,why waste a valuable resource moreso when we have to pay exorbited prices as it stands,certainly if thwere is an over abundance of medication on the market it has to revert to the supply on demand scenario,to much product would mean lower pricing.so please write congress,legislators,senators,the white house,anyone in any position who may help us its very important to the lives of all of us who are in this position,even if you have private insurance we still need an influx of ideas and opinions to help prevent the 25 years of progress from stopping and going backwards.the claim is its not needed,but yet they want to test everyone for hiv?why ?they must realize something,more people will need help and it will make more money for the politicians and drug manufactures,and special intrest groups,its absurd it will happen to all of us without any kind of recorse if we sit by idle and watch it happen,it just may be all our lives in the balence if we ignor what starting here in ny,because it will happen elsewhere if it happens here,im sure of it.i have been up all night writing every place imaginable,the white house too.im going to move to bill gates and mr clinton next,dont let us get a royal screwing,by doing nothing,thanks for reading,now please help me help us all,take care senater schumer and sen clinton are urging people to not accept the new legislation as it will undermime the whole bill as it is written.it sounds weird to not vote for the but if it passes thats when the reality will strike,when mental help,food programs for the real needy,and acess to medications will all be effected.it will sent the system we know it after 25 years into a tailspin,these cuts will be state wide with the aso i go to hit the hardest,frist says my aso doesnt get any money from ryan white care act which is totaly wrong,at least 1700 families will be off the receiving end of this bill,if it passes

Edited by alivehoping (09/26/06 11:46 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
Re: the ryan white care act,being revised,the worst new
      #208686 - 09/26/06 02:15 PM

I received an e-mail from HYACINTH about sending a letter to help pass the budget. I sent it and also had my family send it too! I know it is not much and I do not even use Ryan White but it is also the ADDP which is what I use.

alivehoping
Legend

Re: the ryan white care act,being revised,the worst new
      #208752 - 09/26/06 10:15 PM

if its the bujget frist is behind to pass thats the one thats cutting almost 50 million just here in ny,who knows how much elsewhere

eleniel
Guru

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Utah, USA
Re: the ryan white care act,being revised,the wors new
      #209081 - 09/28/06 09:54 PM

I've already been having issues with this (I was getting my funding through ryan white) which is why I had to scramble to get a job with some sort of medical benefits..here, people have a hard time even getting that much sometimes (seriously, its a weird, weird place..) Supposedly Utah has one of the lowest infection rates in the country, but I know thats complete bullshit..people here are afraid to get tested, and testing is difficult to get/expensive for those who want to know..
This could hurt many people here as well.

--------------------
6/29/2010: vl 68,000 cd4: 205

alivehoping
Legend

Re: the ryan white care act,being revised,the wors new
      #209092 - 09/28/06 11:14 PM

then you understand thats why i made this post,its imperitive they make substancial changes to the proposal that was made today.so get writting your politicians,its our own way to gain some more control of our live back,if not we may in turn lose our very lices as a result of inaction because if you read the proposals and the amendments that are being proposed will make it a 1 year same rules from last year with new money for the areas where it proven to be needed.this would give the government a whole years to get the results back from the census of the cities were the need is highest and to contitnue or adjust where needed,making a year of grant writting with a load of numbers,to get a grasp of the situation.then realize how many lives would be dramaticlly impacted by all the newly proposed cuts.some day i will become a politician just so people can get the truth about the issus,because for along time we have had to put up with mediocrity,and its time for a change and hold the politicians to the words they use to get elected,if not use laws of deception,and consipacy with the attempt to defraud the people against them for a legal means in which to get them out of office.and how about depraved indifference,when someone with hiv/aids dies becuse of the fact the money isnt there to give the meds where they are needed.politicians have historiclly be lying is ok and permissable to futuer there own agenda versus diong what they say to get elected to begin with,breaking a cohersion law for personal gain.yep it election time and we all have to know who stands for what and deceide what best for the whole country,and since we are a part of this country,we have to be well informed,if not we can only blame ourselves for not haveing the healthcare we need,and those of us who dont vote at all have no voice to begin with,either way.so reasearch your local politicians,their platfoms(what they stand for)and record in past history as a politician.exactly what party shouldnt be the main issue anymore it should be whos the best for out city,states,and the people as a whole.but what do i know,i just vote and yes my 1 vote carries weight.alot more than not votin.take care ele

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2383

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3