Pages: 1
BrokenWingedBird
Expert

Reged: 11/30/04
Loc: United Kingdom.
Skin-Growths on Chin - how to remove?
      #208545 - 09/25/06 05:54 PM

Hi,

I just thought I'ld ask in case there are any bright ideas.

Three years ago I developed two small skin-growths on my chin - a bit like tags or long warts (but they're not warts). My HIV doc confirmed that these can occur in HIV+ people.

I got them removed by my ordinary local doctor. He went off and came back with a small liquid-nitrogen cylinder with a small application nozzle on the end of it, pointed the nozzle at the growths, and sprayed them. The skin immediately began to tingle, as if burnt. After two days the growths had become scabs. Two weeks later they dropped off, taking with them the two unsightly growths.

However, the doctor warned they might grow back, and indeed they have, three years later. I have moved from one part of the country to the other and my local doctor doesn't keep liquid nitrogen on site. So I turned to my HIV doc. He said he would use something similar. I entered his surgery and he had this massive cylinder there, about four feet tall, with a thick hose attached to it and leading to a kind of nozzle that was about 1 foot long! It was clear to see this was no precision instrument!

Anyway, one week later the scabs have dropped off but I can see the doc missed the growths! He didn't aim very well!

Unfortunately he's a two-hour drive away and I am not due to see him for three months.

Does anybody else have problems with skin-tags on their face? Are there any other ways of getting rid of them?

Thanks.

--------------------
Without a dream, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Keep hold of your dreams.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
Re: Skin-Growths on Chin - how to remove? new
      #208946 - 09/28/06 01:02 AM

hi bird,i think its a case in the same area as a wart type treatment,call your doc and see if you can you an over the counter wart remover for this.i had a small spot looked like an over sized freckle,its under my goatee,so mine doesnt bother me,i had my throat sliced with a razor from a drunken azz,because he was getting tossed from the bar i used to work at and he got me so good i almost bleed out in the bar before the ambulance got there,so i never cut off my chin hair,it hides the scar from 114 stiches,just missed the jugular by 1 cm.but call the doc it does sound like something he can advise you on over the phone so you dont have to make the 2 hour drive for him to tell you the same thing.the doc didnt use any type of cutting instument correct?if not i do beleive i may be right,and it will cost less than the gas to get there and you can do it if it comes back again the same way,hope this helps you,let me know how this works out for you.hope i am right for the sake of giving you a good bit of advice,take care

BrokenWingedBird
Expert

Reged: 11/30/04
Loc: United Kingdom.
Re: Skin-Growths on Chin - how to remove? new
      #211192 - 10/10/06 06:25 AM

Dear AliveHoping,

Thanks again for your advice. I hope you got my earlier message to you.

Here's the latest. I went to see my ordinary local doc. He knows I'm HIV and he's great about it. He said he'll burn them off for me next week. He says he'll numb the growths first, then burn them. He says there'll probably be a bit of light-brown freckle there after the scabs have healed up. But I'm grateful I don't have to return to that bumbling idiot with the bad aim!

By the way, my doctor said the same thing as you, these growths are actually a kind of a wart.

When you mentioned the idea of warts I went looking for an bottle of Warticon that I used about six years ago - long past its expiry date, of course! You dab it on, it sets, and its supposed to take the wart away with it as it drops off. A bit like super-glue! Anyway, two startling findings. Firstly, the stuff was so old it had turned a brilliant dark blue so it would have looked great spotted round my face, wouldn't it! LOL. Secondly, I read the leaflet in the package and it said this stuff was specifically for treating a kind of wart that uncircumcised guys get round the collar of the penis and underneath the foreskin! I never knew that! Six years ago I was painting this stuff on my face. No wonder it didn't work! LOL.

Thanks for your words.

Bird.

--------------------
Without a dream, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Keep hold of your dreams.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3874

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3