HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
KayCee
Regular

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: South Georgia
People who do not have HIV
      #208144 - 09/22/06 07:15 PM

Is it ok to post in here if you do not have the HIV virus? I don't descriminate against anyone due to any illness.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
Re: People who do not have HIV new
      #208149 - 09/22/06 07:55 PM

Hi KayCee, Welcome to the forums!

This forum is entitled: "Living with HIV". This applies to those infected, or affected, by HIV.

I hope you find the support you seek.

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

KayCee
Regular

#208160 - 09/22/06 08:21 PM

I am so glad that I can post here. Like I said, I am not HIV positive. I do however have Systemic Lupus. My immune system is screwed big time! I nearly died before I found out that I have Lupus. I had a lot of the HIV symptoms and found out that people with Lupus do have a lot of the same symptoms. A funny thing is that doctors know more about HIV then they do about Lupus. I am just so glad that I have a place to post. I also post on the lupus sites at time on a regular basis too. I hope I can hear from a lot of people.

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #208184 - 09/23/06 12:10 AM

it may seem strange in this time in the world,but,it is possible to find kindness and comfort here when we positive people get inspiration from others.which by the way can come from a variety of sources.many of those sources sometimes happen to be from other people who may not be infected,but affected is part of helping others who are not infected to gain some knowledge and possible some insipation from others whethrer or not thay are infected is really imaterial.not since i have that out of my mind hi,how are you,welcome to our little pice of tranquility and vast array of knowledge we call home,hope i didnt bore you with my thinking,good thing i dont studder,lol.take care.

polywog
All Star

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: toronto
      #208400 - 09/25/06 05:32 AM

Hi KayCee - it's just my opinion that posting on here , HIV Poz or not, helps others or yourself. Info is important to me regardless of the source, and an HIV neg person can learn a lot from people "living with HIV". I believe it's a benefit for both, so by all means, welcome and please let's learn from each other - sorry about LUPUS - I"m not familiar with it or it's symptoms -

KayCee
Regular

#208406 - 09/25/06 06:52 AM

I am glad that you posted to me alivehoping. I hope that I can somehow be an inpsiration for everyone, whether they are HIV pos or not. I hope that they find a cure for this illness along with the host of other illnesses that we humans have to put up with. Like I said, I judge nobody. I feel bad for everyone that is sick. I seriously hope that they find a cure for this disease and all diseases eventually. I am glad though that they have found a lot of medications that are helping people to stay well and do better in life.

It is weird how you know a lot of people say that people with Lupus can not relate to the people with HIV. I think that we can in a lot of ways. No one can't acquire Lupus as it is now believed to be inherrited, but a lot of the symptoms are a lot like HIV. I found out that infections can take us out too. I nearly died back in 2000, because I got Salmonella from a sandwich out of a machine and my immune system crashed big time. I am very, very lucky to have lived through that. Well I don't know what else to say, but I hope that I can be an inspiration to others in here.

KayCee
Regular

#208409 - 09/25/06 07:16 AM

I just read your post to me. I am very glad to be able to post here. I also post on a Lupus website. A lot of people are not familiar with Lupus. Unfortunately this includes a lot of doctors and medical staff. I will explain it the way that my Rheumatologist explained it to me in 1996 when I was first diagnosed. He made it very very clear that there is no cure, but that he could treat me and that it would be life long. Ok since I did not know anything about this nightmare that befell me he explained it to me. He told me that everyone's immune system fights off viruses and bacteria constantly or we would be dead. He told me that in people with Lupus our immune system fights of viruses and bacteria, but for some reason it screws up and sees our body and internal organs etc as one big huge virus or bacteria that needs to be eradicated! Most of us are sensitive to the sun and the sun makes us very sick indeed. You see a lot of the symptoms that you have a person with Lupus shares to a degree. I don't know how else to explain it. I just thank God for the medications that they have today and that are coming tomorrow. I guess that is all that I can say right now. Your Friend, Kathleen

jenn
Guardian

Reged: 09/14/05
      #208931 - 09/27/06 09:27 PM

My child's Godfather has lupus. He is sick A LOT (TIRED to the point he can't move), he is late ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE. Not 10 minutes, 2hours! I bought SO MANY books on lupus, its exasperating for me and I don't even suffer from it!

KayCee
Regular

#208966 - 09/28/06 06:37 AM

I read your post and I feel sorry for your child's Godfather. I can definitely understand his being tired and late all the time. This has happened to me a lot at times. I am wondering if he is on meds and if he is seeing the doctor like he should. Lupus is very mind boggling big time. You can be fine and doing good and think well now I got this under control and then all of a sudden the Lupus symptoms just jump right up and bite you in the ass. It sucks. I have some CNS involvement now too and that is rough to deal with. For instance I drove to the store and forgot how to get back to the house. I had to ask a cop how to get to my home address and that sucks. Oh well. What is sad is that Lupus affects everyone differently and it is a rough illness to manage. Jen if you like you may email me at kathleenw@alltel.net. I would love to share more with you about the Lupus. I have had it nearly all of my life. Hugs, Kathleen

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3226

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3