HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Angel_Ronnie
Guru

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Gauteng, South Africa
Food for thought
      #207806 - 09/20/06 05:15 AM

Here is a few quotes that I found which is most helpful and motivational to me and I hope that it will be for you guys as well.

1. “Nothing is as real as a dream, the world can change around you but your dream will not, responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it because the dream is within you, no one can take it away” – Tom Clancy

2. “I have always been delighted at the prospect if a new day a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning” – JB Priestly

3. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day-to-day obstacles of life. Facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown and in the process, discovering our own unique potential”- John Amatt

4. “In each of us are places where we have never gone, only by pressing the limits do you ever find them” – Joyce Brothers

5. “There is no medicine like hope no incentive so great and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow” – Orison S Marden

6. “Life is no brief candle to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.” – George Bernard Shaw

7. “The life that conquers is the life that moves with a steady resolution and persistence toward a predetermined goal. Those who succeed are those who have thoroughly learned the immense importance of planning in life and the tragic brevity of time.” – W.J. Davison

8. “To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man’s life.” – TS Eliot

9. “Few will have the greatness to bend history itself but each of us can work to change a small portion of events and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.” – Robert F Kennedy

10. “It’s treasured times and mountains we climb that gives us power to make it through each hour. It’s feelings of love and God up above, that we always find a way to smile each day.” – Paula Duncan

11. “When all is said and done, the ride of life is one of great pleasure, hard times and all to avoid the bumps is to deny growth, happiness, and life’s purpose.” – Art Berg

12. “When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing then we truly live.” – Greg Anderson

13. “Happiness is an attitude of mind born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances.” – J Donald Walters
14. “To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man’s life.” – TS Eliot

15. “Talk about it only enough to do it, dream about it only enough to feel it, think about it only enough to understand it, contemplate it only enough to be it.” – Jean Toomer

16. “Visionaries are not special people. The gift of true vision requires only a willingness to open our eyes to first find the horizon once fixated on the horizon comes the ability to see beyond, where the true magic of life exists.” – Rick Beneteau

17. “I like living, I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” – Agatha Christie

18. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more it turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order and confusion into clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude make sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie

19. “ Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many… Not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens

20. “Hope is the companion of power, and the mother of success for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles.” – Samuel Smiles

--------------------
"Live for today, because what you do today is what you use to make your future"

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1095

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3