HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
no longer undetectable.........
      #207220 - 09/14/06 07:41 PM

i had labs done last week.... first question i asked my doc was why have i not had a viral load count? guess i spoke to soon. she told me that she had been seeing a patient that has had hiv for 15 years and just recently developed a detectable vl.
well even though my vl is very low.... i lost hope for it being 15 years down the road. last months labs were undetectable.... now on top of everything i am worrying about what my next set of labs will bring. like i said, i know it is still very low... but i wanted to be one of those that went down in history.... leaving behind a legacy of hope for others. guess mt theory just got shot to hell and back. sorry, i know it could be worse, but i have gone over a year with no vl.....
thanks for listening, again.
my love to you all
daisey

cd4: 1028
vl: 89
(please dont laugh at me for sounding stupid, it is just with all that has been going on this is just what i expected)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
Re: no longer undetectable......... new
      #207242 - 09/14/06 11:49 PM

daisey,your going to die an old lady,dont worry i talked to my people and its all set up.i got you covered.relax over there honey,the stress may be the reason for the sudden minor jump in your labs,not to mention you said something about drinking too,another thing that may have a factor.are you eating right and taking care of yourself too?or maybe you caught something from the couch?lol.relax and take care.and by the way your not undetectable because we are all here detecting you,in a loving manner.

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #207275 - 09/15/06 07:39 AM

Daisey,
I know it seems like a huge jump in that vl but I still have to say your labs look great! You have been going through soooo much that it was to be expected. Once things slow down and you can stop stressing so much, things will get back to normal. Be strong and you will see better (not like I would not take your results anyday) results next time.
Love ya girl!

JonCO
Regular

Reged: 09/12/06
Loc: Denver, CO
      #207303 - 09/15/06 11:07 AM

Daisy - I am sure that it seems like a big thing, but I am told that unless there is at least a three fold increase in the VL it is essentially the same. That means that when you were undetectable, it was below 50 (generally below 50 is considered undetectable and they don't quantify the numbers lower than 50). I could have been 40 and therefore your numbers are essentially the same. I agree with the others on here, but I certainly understand getting focused on numbers. Keep on with a positive attitude and you will be fine. Be well!

--------------------
JonCO

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #207360 - 09/15/06 08:32 PM

Daisey... None of this is worth any of your concern for years... Lets get back to present day sweetie..

Love

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207381 - 09/15/06 11:39 PM

Hey it is me.. The friend that doesnt hear from you unless i see you have posted something. Please call me and let me know you are okay with day to day life. I am really worried about you. Its time to face life head on for you. This is something that is hard for me to do but i know you are able to. You are not alone. Call me.....

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #207676 - 09/18/06 07:49 PM

thank you everyone... i am ok. just still dealing with alot of bullshit.... i will post soon and reply to others soon.
love
daisey

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2136

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3