#206095 - 09/05/06 04:39 AM

Yup, all the time.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bhammer40

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Alabama
Re: Panic attacks new
      #206239 - 09/06/06 12:41 PM

I do when I realize that I’m in a dead end job at 41. Gasp!!!

--------------------
Diagnosed 11/2005
Last Labs Drawn 10/18/2007
Cd4 906; 49%
VL 189
Still No Meds Yet

polywog

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: toronto
      #206263 - 09/06/06 07:10 PM

OH BOY, did I ever have panic attacks - some panic attacks are brought on by a trigger, such as speaking in public, riding on elevators , or, some triggers not so common like eating in restaurants. other panic attacks happen out of no where , your head feels like it's spinning off and symptoms include shaking, nausea, stomach cramps, a feeling like you have to run and get out.
I suffered from them for years, but don't any more, I haven't had one in years. There's a course you can take at home to help you manage panic attacks called ATTACKING ANXIETY by Lucinda Bassett , you can find info about this course if you google it - I took it and it really helped - you can read up on it at your library or book store, one author in particular is Claire Weekes - she has a number of books out on it - There are meds your dr. can help you with to control them, like xanax or propanonol (beta blockers).....
For me, learning what they were and as much as I could about them really helped - most people that suffer from them keep it at guarded secret, because really, the reason one starts to panic is the fear that someone will notice them panicking, and the snowball begins to roll - I hope this info helps - I know where you're coming from

alivehoping
Veteran

Reged: 04/05/06
      #206286 - 09/06/06 10:57 PM

yes ,when i was first diagnosised i had them very frequently,and they arent pleasant either.so my doc has me on clonazepam.before i got this med i had a real bad run and i broke my wifes fingers by pure accident because of pulling my hand out of hers so hard that her fingers broke,i still havent been able to let this out of my mind,but if you can learn something from this event then its not in vein.since the meds i havent had any that bad again,i havent even noticed much in mood change at all.plus i go and do a talk therepy so between the both of them im ok now.hope this helps you,take care

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1851

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3